• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Moguls.

jack97

I've never skied a bumped-up temptor. Seems like that would be even better than Nor'easter for early season bumps.

It sounds like a good idea, but in reality nor'easter works out better.

I thought they bumped up temptor 3 to 4 seasons ago? IIRC they had a bailed out to stinger at the start of the bumps.

powhunter

I was planning to go today and ski Ex...wasn't to thrilled about breaking in gunny with these conditions but with the snow coming in, it would be fun to take a midweek day next week.

Gonna be there tues. Hopefully it's T2B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bvibert

Staff member
I thought they bumped up temptor 3 to 4 seasons ago? IIRC they had a bailed out to stinger.

Temptor was bumped early season for a couple of years. There was no bail, which was part of why it ended up not being as cool as it could have been.

The upper part was bumped, then the flat part turned into a mess since groomers couldn't get in to clean it up. The last pitch was okay, at first. What we ended up with was a bunch of wall bumps and ledges from people who were too freaked out to ski bumps on that pitch. For some reason a lot of people thought the upper part was the only part bumped, so they would pick their way through that to get to what they thought would be a groomed lower portion, only to find more bumps. I came across that exact situation countless times.

Snowlover

Yo, please don't build 30 foot kickers this year. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I'm getting too old for that stuff.
Just don't go off that jump then. lol Pick a smaller one. Sundown has 30 foot jumps??? I don't do terrain/trauma park, but the features look way smaller than carinthia. The only type of jumps that look fun and is much safer are into deep(2 foot plus) powder :) Unfortunately don't have much experience doing that.

2knees

Just don't go off that jump then. lol Pick a smaller one. Sundown has 30 foot jumps??? I don't do terrain/trauma park, but the features look way smaller than carinthia. The only type of jumps that look fun and is much safer are into deep(2 foot plus) powder :) Unfortunately don't have much experience doing that.

i'm talking about the kickers they build for the mogul competition on gunbarrel.

Snowlover

Hopefully this monday delivers the goods for sundown. Two pow days in a season over 12 inches would be fantastic. I'm hoping we get a "big daddy" that really delivers the goods. 2 feet would be awesome.

JimG.

Staff member
He is most definitely as ignorant as the post suggests. But it's all done for his own amusement

Easily amused I guess.

Hey did you ever get to demo the Ramp Woodpecker at the MRG demo?

I just ordered another pair to keep in plastic for when I need new boards. I have never done that before and I've had many skis I liked a lot. The Woodpeckers have been ski-life altering for me. Great skis.

MadMadWorld

Easily amused I guess.

Hey did you ever get to demo the Ramp Woodpecker at the MRG demo?

I just ordered another pair to keep in plastic for when I need new boards. I have never done that before and I've had many skis I liked a lot. The Woodpeckers have been ski-life altering for me. Great skis.

I skied with someone that had a pair and gave them a spin. I was very impressed with them. I'll be up at Smugglers this weekend and that is the ski to own in these conditions! It might very well be my front side ski if I can afford another set.

Don't worry about Snowlover. He tries to bait everyone into arguments.

Savemeasammy

That sucks. Just keep the bumps where they are. I like gunbarrel nice and wide. Best trail in ct.

Bashing bumps in the literal sense is cool. Bashing them in the figurative sense is not!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

gmcunni

anyone have a close up pic of the bumps? i saw a far away shot, couldn't really make anything out.