• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Season Pass

o3jeff

on the fence (as usual).

i'm fortunate in that:
looks like free house in NH during christmas week and a few other weekends throughout the year. family trip to CO in Feb...

will i get to sundown enough to justify the season pass? if i do the stuff above i'll probably NOT do my usual VT trips so then sundown might get more attention... i'm just thinking out load, feel free to ignore me.

Just ask 2knees how much he spent on tickets last year after not planning on skiing Sundown too much.....

gmcunni

i know.. i'd go with the savings card if i don't do the pass... i want the pass, it is a great motivator to get out and ski!

Grassi21

on the fence (as usual).

i'm fortunate in that:
looks like free house in NH during christmas week and a few other weekends throughout the year. family trip to CO in Feb...

will i get to sundown enough to justify the season pass? if i do the stuff above i'll probably NOT do my usual VT trips so then sundown might get more attention... i'm just thinking out load, feel free to ignore me.

come on, you know we will give our opinions if you ask for it or now.

Trekchick

on the fence (as usual).

Doesn't it hurt "da boyz" when you straddle the fence like that. :eek:

The deadline is approaching quick! I'm all set, need to figure out what we're going to do for my wife, and also for my daughter.
I know the school/family life schedule is nuts for Sev, and I know how much she loves school( are you sure she's right in the head? I hated school), but it would be great to see her continue with what she started last year. She really got her confidence up!:spread:

o3jeff

The deadline is approaching quick! I'm all set, need to figure out what we're going to do for my wife, and also for my daughter.

Looks like we all will have some new little skiers in tow this year. I'll be bringing my nephew this year and decided to just go with the $16 tickets instead of the pass. I just ordered him a gift card for his B day.

The good thing is that his mother took him out a few times last year and we had him tearing up Toms Treat by the end of the year so I luckily I won't be hanging around the Magic Carpet.

Greg

Staff member
I'll be doing my fair share of ripping up Tom's Treat and Papoose...

gmcunni

We're thinking of entering our daughter in one of the kiddie programs there.

my daughter takes skating lessons during the winter.. i tried to convince her to switch to the ski program instead.. she didn't go for it. "i don't need ski lessons" was her comment.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
my daughter takes skating lessons during the winter.. i tried to convince her to switch to the ski program instead.. she didn't go for it. "i don't need ski lessons" was her comment.
Whereas our daughter regularly puts on her ski clothes, helmet, and boots by herself and walks around the house asking when we can go to Sundown--even in the summer. :lol: She can't wait to start lessons!

It's cool. Encourage what they want to do.

As for the pass--go for it. You won't regret it.

Trekchick

The ski hills around here have a program where the kids under 8 are free with a paid adult pass.
That makes it nice for a person with a pass to get their kid started and probably assures that the resort has a future pass holder.

Madroch

Ordered 4 last night- 2 adults and 2 juniors. Will be enrolling juniors in kids programs. Love Ski Dork's idea for a mogul program- my 7 yo old son would eat it up. Daugher 8 is contemplating junior race development-- but she is borderline skill wise, or I should say "courage" wise. We shall see. May pop her in a few privates in december and see if she is ready. All she wants to do is race... despite her occassional lack of confidence.

Turn on the guns....

bvibert

Staff member
obviously it depends on weather but have they made a bold prediction as to opening day yet?

Before Killington. :razz:

Seriously, I haven't heard anything, but I'm anticipating opening day on Black Friday again this year. That's pretty much their standard goal every year, it's just not possible all the time.

Madroch

Or, preferably, four days in a row with daytime highs in the mid to upper 20's-- last Nov. was insane...

bvibert

Staff member
Took a hike up Sundown today. Turned out to be a nice afternoon. They got the guns all out and ready to go! :snow:

10123_1232790068816_1501085519_606751_3048926_n.jpg

Grassi21

Trigger pulled on my season pass! Bring on the white stuff!