• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Take the skiing quiz

montageskier

skibum said:
6/10 for the first one
I call BS on question #5
Disaster to 270 off is perfectly possible in a halfpipe, and is not a rail trick, *at least to skate/snowboarders*. The true definition of a disaster involves NO SLIDING. If you slide a disaster, then it is now a lipslide.
10/10 on the second, way too easy. they wrote that for Texans.
Your a Moron, if you think there is any way to do a diseastar to 270 off. A disaster to 270 off is when you gap a kink and then spin 270 off a rail, no way it can be done in a pipe.

awf170

montageskier said:
Your a Moron, if you think there is any way to do a diseastar to 270 off. A disaster to 270 off is when you gap a kink and then spin 270 off a rail, no way it can be done in a pipe.
Wow, way to be a jerk.:roll: Another point for PAskiandride.com. And just a suggestion when you are trying to call someone a moron spell it right. It is "You're a moron" or "You are a moron" not "Your a moron".

montageskier

awf170 said:
Wow, way to be a jerk.:roll: Another point for PAskiandride.com. And just a suggestion when you are trying to call someone a moron spell it right. It is "You're a moron" or "You are a moron" not "Your a moron".
I didnt know grammar mattered. And guess what i dont care what anybody says on Paskiandride on TGR. Because the two goofs who posted over there are always posting stupid stuff. And thats not being a jerk, i put him in his place. He obviously didnt have a clue what the trick was and tryed to say the maker of the quiz put down a stupid question.

awf170

montageskier said:
And thats not being a jerk, i put him in his place. He obviously didnt have a clue what the trick was and tryed to say the maker of the quiz put down a stupid question.

You could of said that in a lot nicer way. You were trying to be a jerk. Disagreeing with Skibum is fine but there is no reason to be such a jerk about it and call him a moron. Good job putting him in his place tough guy. :roll:

skibum

montageskier said:
Please...
first read my post where I say *at least to skaters/snowboarders*. If freeskiers are gonna bite names from board sports, they're gonna have to try harder to get it right. A disaster is a disaster. Been that for at least the 20+ years I've been skating and snowboarding. Don't like it? Then skiers can get out of the park and go back to running gates in stretch pants.
Need further proof?
Then...
from wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lip_tricks
Disaster
This trick is where the skater rotates 180 degrees and lands in the center of his board with the front trucks facing towards the ramp and the back trucks over the lip. The skater then leans forwards to return back in the ramp. Essentially a stationary lipslide

from another: http://www.board-crazy.co.uk/tricks_d.php
Disaster
A lip trick or stall which is effectively a lipslide without sliding - placing the rear wheels over the lip with the board resting on the edge of the lip.

heres a backside kickflip disaster:
bskickflipdisaster.gif

oh and 15/20 on the third quiz

montageskier

Great, a skateboard trick has a different name. It doesnt matter what that trick is called because it is something totally different. And dont hate on park skiing just because there are more better park skiers then boarders.

thetrailboss

Staff member
montageskier said:

Um, OK. Let's keep it chill in here guys.

Zand

I got 4/10 on the first one and 10/10 on the second. 9/20 on the third.

Last edited: