• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney? Hello? Is this thing on?

dlague

Was at Tenney talking to Micheal Bouchard and he is up for an Alpine Challenge. He also talked to me about some of the challenges he faces. Some are so f'd up! The government both state and federal have lots of stupid rules/laws that it are out of control in my opinion. I am pulling for him for sure and will ski there just to support his efforts.

This is the lift that will not be operating
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1446904665.624048.jpg

He has two other cats on order
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1446903762.110399.jpg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1446904755.553115.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
I thought they clarified that the Hornet was going to run, but only when there's enough natural snow?

dlague

I thought they clarified that the Hornet was going to run, but only when there's enough natural snow?

My bad! If there is enough natural is correct. They will not be making snow over there. One of the issues was most of the brass heads where the snow guns attach were stolen. He will need to buy 190 of then so they are taking the ones they do have and repurposing then where they plan on making snow.

Newpylong

Even more critical than easy hydrant replacements:

"The water pipe is split in multiple places and the air line has splits that we haven't found yet - and is under what're the split because water is filling the top third of the air system!"

Last edited:

dlague

Even more important than easy hydrant replacements:

"The water pipe is split in multiple places and the air line has splits that we haven't found yet - and is under what're the split because water is filling the top third of the air system!"

Yes we talked bout that as well. Drainage issues, vandalizing, the laws regarding voluteers and much much more. We talked about an hour and there is more information then I can possibly type.

xwhaler

Snowmaking is all messed up on Hornet terrain but Eclipse terrain looks okay?

I ask because I may take my son there later in the season for some mellow runs off the Triple

Last edited:

Newpylong

Yes we talked bout that as well. Drainage issues, vandalizing, the laws regarding voluteers and much much more. We talked about an hour and there is more information then I can possibly type.

I bet - I've yet to meet him. As someone who loves operations and deals with it I love to follow Tenney. Hope they're not in over their heads. The ski business is not forgiving.

Xwhaler from what I saw he says Eclipse side is fine now and that's where they plan on making snow. He has a commitment there with the schools so has to.

Last edited:

Jully

I bet - I've yet to meet him. As someone who loves operations and deals with it I love to follow Tenney. Hope they're not in over their heads. The ski business is not forgiving.

I think he might be over optimistic at how much he'll make the first year, however, I think the school deals he has as well as PSU (even if many students ski elsewhere) being in the area will give him a little more slack than he would if he were in a different area.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think of Plymouth State University as Plymouth State College because that's what it was called when I was college aged

steamboat1

C'mon we all know PSU stands for Portland State University

Located in the heart of Portland, Oregon, with arms that reach around the world, PSU is full of healthy paradoxes. Urban and green. Rigorous and supportive. Individualistic and inclusive. As a PSU student, you'll do more than fit in. You'll stand out. Wherever you're coming from, wherever you're headed, all roads lead through PSU.

JDMRoma

PSU =Plymouth State University
Currently were my daughter is in her first year of nursing !