• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney? Hello? Is this thing on?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Good grief, have you seen the Tenny FB page lately? The stuff Mike has dug up is literally full of holes. He's a quick study in the hydraulics of snowmaking. He knows how to find a leaky pipe in an abandoned leach field and more importantly understand why it happened. The cracked pumps are incredible. Everything is behind the scenes, but his transparency is second to none. https://www.facebook.com/skiTENNEY/

MG Skier

It is rather impressive just how much he has repaired. Lets hope he can get enough done to make some snow and augment what WILL be a great year from mother nature. Lets hope that new groomer gets a really good workout this year!

thetrailboss

Staff member

MEtoVTSkier

Hmmmm......this just gets stranger and stranger.

I just saw their recent video involving the construction of rails for a rail park. Mike said something to the effect of using it this season on a trail "because there are not going to be any beginner skiers" there. Anyone know if they intend on opening for skiing?

I would guess because it is only planned on being a "soft" opening for this year (I'm sure one of the reasons is to let the legal issues settle out, so they can see where they stand) and there was/is no plan for a big lessons/ski school operation until next year. Seems he talked about it somewhere on FB.

Seems as if his plan for the Poma was tubing on one side, and a small terrain park on the other... skiing off the lifts when Mother Nature and limited snowmaking permits.

MG Skier

I was fortunate enough to get up to Tenney for a hike and visit a about a month ago. Had a chance to speak with Michael a little bit between his projects on a Sunday afternoon. It was great to meet him after several chats via Facebook. He has some pretty big plans for the area. I don't think he has blown any snow yet but the forecast and conditions for snow making look favorable moving forward. I am not sure how much snow he plans to blow on the Hornet and Eclipse side. Lets continue to hope for a big winter.

At least he is off the NELSAP page and the lifts are good to go!

doublediamond

"$375,000" ... "tractor" ....

Hmmm. That sounds awfully like a groomer.

That explains why they are working on repairing an old BR350. It's not for "snowmakers use", it's for everyday use.

MEtoVTSkier

I'd be willing to bet its the mini excavator, and tractor and other equipment that they've been using to repair all the snowmaking piping... I thought the old BR came with the ski area...

dlague

So exactly what is a limited opening. I know they were talking about a terrain park and snow tubing. Probably off a smaller lower mountain lift.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member
No expectations here. I don't know if they even have enough for lifties, ski patrol, basic operations. I'm not sure what he is thinking.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bump. Huge snowstorm and it is almost President's Week, but nothing online about operations except a comment for skinners and hikers. I take it that this season is a wash as well? Yikes.

SIKSKIER

Saw this on their FB page.

. Thanks Mike for letting the community hike and enjoy the mountain. I forgot how great the skiing at Tenney can be. Looking forward to the opening next season!

SIKSKIER

Also Mike posted this yesterday when somebody asked about the lift running and if they could ride up:

I have to obey State Safety requirements... Although they, the State, have blessed us to open, I have a technical "legal" issue holding us back. The lifts run every other day for about 15 minutes just to keep all the mechanicals in good shape... I can not jeopardize the trust of the State Dept of Safety so I ask that folks do not pressure us when they see maintenance operations taking place. Thank you for your understanding.

He has given his blessing to anybody that wants to hike and ski or tube.And they have groomed a lot of the mt.