• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The good old days

gmcunni

a lot of the pictures don't show up for me

reefer

That last one can't be III? Anyway Nick ran a few of these pretty well I might add.
Here's another line-up

Attachments

• dscn2895.JPG
    dscn2895.JPG
    361.6 KB · Views: 28
  • dscn2893.JPG
    dscn2893.JPG
    356.3 KB · Views: 28

Cornhead

First Summit I attended I crashed the welcoming party. I couldn't find anyone crazy enough back home to travel 9 hrs to ski. Kudos to Backloafriver for hooking me up with tickets. He had a season's pass at the Loaf. Even got first tracks, always hated the people who did it, but it is pretty sweet. Got 6 runs in.

I remember one snowy Summit, may have been the Friday prior. I only officially did the Summit once. We got a condo. Scotty was one of the group. I got up one morning and Spring mountain high called me over to the couch. Scotty, not knowing any better, and trying to be helpful, put Dawn in the dishwasher. Suds were escaping from around the door. I didn't see it, but it must've been like an I love Lucy episode. Classic Scotty, good times. Same Summit, took off without my wallet, got 15 miles down the road before I tried to buy gas and discovered I didn't have it. Another 30 miles added to a 9hr drive, doh!

wa-loaf

Nick and his family moved to Florida and it wasn't something he could really commit to anymore.
It's possible to delegate ... you mods have been hanging on for a long time and I'm sure could handle it. Or maybe if you don't have the time or energy for something find a new owner who does.

skiur

It's possible to delegate ... you mods have been hanging on for a long time and I'm sure could handle it. Or maybe if you don't have the time or energy for something find a new owner who does.
I doubt there are many people looking to buy this place. Wonder what it's worth? How much money in ad revenue? Can't be much. I wish Nick gave the place a little more time and energy but at least it hasn't shut down so can't really complain too much.

wa-loaf

I doubt there are many people looking to buy this place. Wonder what it's worth? How much money in ad revenue? Can't be much. I wish Nick gave the place a little more time and energy but at least it hasn't shut down so can't really complain too much.
I think Nick paid good chunk of cash for AZ. Greg worked his ass off and it was humming along pretty good and bringing in money. I'm friends with Nick and have skied with him a few times. He's a really nice guy and just has other priorities now. But as an investment the forum has floundered and would really benefit from a new leader. I'm sure there's some way to write off the business loss.