• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The importance of getting the goods when the goods are good to get

Tonyr

A few I know went to Alta/Bird..tried to ski deep powder as their first days on snow and got hurt..which ended their trip as soon as it started.
Thoughts...

I try to avoid going into the trees for just that reason when deep powder hits. I have all mountain skis that are not great in deep powder which makes it all the easier to get hurt. I know that way of skiing is definitely against the grain but when a big storm hits I'd rather stay on the wide open runs and not injure myself.

Tony

Smellytele

I try to avoid going into the trees for just that reason when deep powder hits. I have all mountain skis that are not great in deep powder which makes it all the easier to get hurt. I know that way of skiing is definitely against the grain but when a big storm hits I'd rather stay on the wide open runs and not injure myself.

Tony

Ya need a quiver. You need the right tool for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

abc

I try to avoid going into the trees for just that reason when deep powder hits.
When big storm hits, there’s powder on the open run!

Rip them and lap them fast.

Only do trees and hike-to after the powder got chopped up.