• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

tnt1234

How long are the drives for each?

Saturday I would expect pretty much everything except the real steeps open at Magic.
4-1/4 to manchester.

6-1/2 to stowe.

Assuming that storm rolls in friday PM, that stowe drive can get long. Have to head back sunday too...yeah, I'm going to magic...

ThatGuy

4-1/4 to manchester.

6-1/2 to stowe.

Assuming that storm rolls in friday PM, that stowe drive can get long. Have to head back sunday too...yeah, I'm going to magic...
Yeah thats a long drive Id go to Magic as well…

Smellytele

I have to go to a 50th birthday Saturday. Actually staying in Portsmouth Friday and Saturday nights. Originally was going to be in North Conway but they changed the plans. While I love Portsmouth. Really???

tnt1234

Nice upgrade on the friday storm, but fair amount of rain and frozen rain tonight and tomorrow seems certain.

NYDB

yeah, they'll be stuff to hit underneath for sure.

but it will be mostly ice instead of mostly sticks, rocks and grass.

looks like you have to head north of K for no rain/ice

tnt1234

yeah, they'll be stuff to hit underneath for sure.

but it will be mostly ice instead of mostly sticks, rocks and grass.

looks like you have to head north of K for no rain/ice
Stowe reporting frozen drizzle late yesterday and a chance for more today, so not sure anyone is spared. Jay says chance of mixed precipitation too....

How much do I have to worry about Magic selling out Saturday and Sunday?

tnt1234

Tickets bought for Saturday. Playing Sunday by ear.

Sure looks like it's gonna snow!

tnt1234

Think I'll probably go ahead and pull the trigger on Sunday too...seems like that might be the day they sell out. Tomorrow's gonna be tough to get there.

ne_skier

Both days will probably be well-attended, to say the least. Sunday might have some more terrain open after all of Saturday's snow falls, as well as more developed bumps on the trails that opened Saturday. Snow will likely be on the wet side based on temps.
And we have snow making on LMC!
As much as I'd like to prioritize building base on Wizard, Tali, Trick, Showoff etc for the spring this was a necessary addition. Having that trail open and groomed out not only gives beginners more options but keeps them from all going onto Wand, where they mix in with intermediate and expert skiers coming down from the top, a pretty jarring step-up from the 200 foot carpet on Little Dipper.

JoeB-Z

Today was spectacular on the groomed trails. Thursday had soft, hooky snow in dense clouds in the PM. I quit because it was no fun. Overnight, the groomers must have worked two lengthy shifts at the exact proper times. It was so good EVERYWHERE. Wizard was groomed wall to wall and truly an intermediate trail for once. Talisman, Trick. What a base with the snow coming tomorrow. I am going to pass on the lines and sketchy travel plus digging out.

urungus

Got my Indy Pass reservation for tomorrow. In 9:15am post on their website today at it said both A and B lots were already full, is there overflow parking somewhere ?

WoodCore

Got my Indy Pass reservation for tomorrow. In 9:15am post on their website today at it said both A and B lots were already full, is there overflow parking somewhere ?
Lot C at the bottom of the access road