• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This is snowboarding

AdironRider

For all you skiers, check out this really well done helmet cam footage of snowboarding in Las Lenas/ Jackson Hole. I cant decide if I like the trees of Jackson or the rediculous runs that Las Lenas has to offer. First run of the vid is Frenchies off the notorious Marte, not sure about the rest though. Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fI32T58Sn7A

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
nice vid. not normally a fan of the PoV helmet cam shots, but that was well done, especially considering it was a snowboarder, though video was consistantly at least 5-10 degrees leaned and my neck is sore from tilting to the side to compensate, heh.

here is a really good first person snow boarding video... this video posted reminded me of this vid:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7388188639077229206

AdironRider

Newsflash.... Most snowboarders that ride big lines look straight down the falline...

Seriously.

Also, I usually hate Phish as well, but this song is actually pretty good. The guitar riff is awesome.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Newsflash.... Most snowboarders that ride big lines look straight down the falline...
ummm. yea i know. but also, as i noted, the entire video was 5-10 degrees tilted. i knew someone was going to take issue with that remark, but point is, it is a lot easier to keep a camera steady on skis due to squaring up (though even steady skier PoV vids are rare) but skiers certainly tilt to the side during PoV's a lot less than snowboarders. to clarify, i was NOT suggesting snowboarders don't look straight down hill, but the lean is evident on the vid. not as bad as i have seen in other vids, that was all i was trying to say.

dmc

ummm. yea i know. but also, as i noted, the entire video was 5-10 degrees tilted. i knew someone was going to take issue with that remark, but point is, it is a lot easier to keep a camera steady on skis due to squaring up (though even steady skier PoV vids are rare) but skiers certainly tilt to the side during PoV's a lot less than snowboarders. to clarify, i was NOT suggesting snowboarders don't look straight down hill, but the lean is evident on the vid. not as bad as i have seen in other vids, that was all i was trying to say.

What did you expect from me? It has been my duty since 1988 to challenge the missconceptions of my main sport... I never let up... Thats how I roll :)

Cause the only way to ride narrow steeps effectively on a board is to square the shoulders and look down the falline - just like a skier... It lets you set a solid edge and allows a more aggressive ride.. I've actually ridden those chute at Las Lenas... they kick ass...

I need to get back there...