• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trip Planned to Utah

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Everywhere I looked at Snowbird were the same skis as I own ... Rossi B2 Bandits. They worked wonderfully on everything we encountered. You *could* use fatties in the insane chutes, bowls and freshies, but they weren't needed, and if we happened to get a 2-3' dump we would just have rented them.

Dr Skimeister

With this discussion, I am going 2/28 thru 3/2. What skis should I bring with me?

I am bring the Icelantic Nomads, but should I bring my recons or supershapes if it is going to be warm

Bringing more than one set of skis increases the liklihood that the airline will charge you for excess baggage. Renting fatties in the event of a big powder dump might be cheaper than the extra baggage fee.

ajl50

I'd say just bring the recons.
I ski just my chiefs at alta. The snow is soft enough to work 98mm underfoot on any terrain.

Puck it

Delta says ski and bootbag count as one and can weigh 50lbs. Boots are going on the plane with me in a separate bag. The Recons and Nomads weigh 35lbs. with poles and bindings in the bag.

I will some stuff around them and remove the bindings since they are railflex bindings.

SKIQUATTRO

"if it were easy, they'd call it snowboarding".......ohhh, wait, they already do !! :)

Have fun in Utah, been to PC lots (DV, Canyons, PC) great time...drink a ton o water and take your time getting up to the summit, dont get Altitude Sickness your first day....we ski the lower half of the mtn in the morning they gradually head up the first day....

tekweezle

you are probably going to have an awesome time no matter what the weather is like. rain in the valley will most likely be heavy snow in the mountains. it could be 60-70 degrees in Sandy and it would probably be 30-40 in the mountains.

ajl50

When I take delta I check the skis and carry the boots on board with my clothes in a carry on bag
I travel light.

Bringing more than one set of skis increases the liklihood that the airline will charge you for excess baggage. Renting fatties in the event of a big powder dump might be cheaper than the extra baggage fee.

My ski bag was under 20 pounds for one set of skis/poles and I also had my ski pants and a fleece or three in there..you can easily pack 2 pairs of skis and be under 50lbs

ccskier

You were all right about the weather. Just got back yesterday morning and had a great trip. Big difference once you get up into the Canyon. It is almost like a wall of snow/no snow as you exit the canyon.