• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trip Report Requested for....

rocojerry

Just wanted to toss the idea out there for a new sub-Forum of Trip reports, where the posts would be something like:

Trip report request for XYZ mountain

Its especially useful I think for the smaller mountains that don't get as much coverage/writeups....

Its like a Want Ad section for AZ trip reports :)

I'm checking out Killington, Pico, Sugarbush, Mad River Glen this weekend, and I'm looking for some recent reports. If we had a way to request a report, or perhaps even poll for a report for a certain area, it may encourage one of us to report it... or to know how many people are waiting to hear your report before you even write it up!

thetrailboss

Staff member
I think that we get regular reports. I was at Sugarbush last weekend and it was really good. We are finally getting into shape. With regards to your question, I don't write many reports anymore because for the time and effort fewer people are reading them. :(

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
so i guess it was a dumb idea :) oh well, game on!

The only one I don't see reports on is Camden.
I suppose you have tried to search?

It's worth a shout out as a discussion. I find lurkers crawl out when they have something they are knowledgeable about.
However, you should focus your question more - do you want a general overview, or are you looking for current conditions.

Have you looked at the resort's Facebooks page? Often fans of the resort post good, current stuff.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I was about to ask anyone ski smuggs lately, I've never been got b1g1 tickets. So worth it on Saturday?

I would go. I was at Stowe and JP (not smuggs, but close enough) last weekend and they got 12" last week and 6" after I left, and more this week. It should be skiing nicely. Watch out for weekend crowds or be prepared to work the mountain. Also remember the lifts are slow. If you can handle that, you should find wonderful snow conditions.

rocojerry

The only one I don't see reports on is Camden.
I suppose you have tried to search?

It's worth a shout out as a discussion. I find lurkers crawl out when they have something they are knowledgeable about.
However, you should focus your question more - do you want a general overview, or are you looking for current conditions.

Have you looked at the resort's Facebooks page? Often fans of the resort post good, current stuff.

The info I think is out there, but after AZ, I go to twitter/google/facebook, resorts own disucssion forums, etc.... Just a thought that a way for us to 'request' reports or show interest, may be more encouraging to folks that are on the fence about a quick writeup-- pictures make a report better, but even a few words sometimes is better than nothing :)

thetrailboss

Staff member
I would go. I was at Stowe and JP (not smuggs, but close enough) last weekend and they got 12" last week and 6" after I left, and more this week. It should be skiing nicely. Watch out for weekend crowds or be prepared to work the mountain. Also remember the lifts are slow. If you can handle that, you should find wonderful snow conditions.

With the cold that is forecast as well as the post holiday let down I doubt that it will be busy. Dress warmly.

Bumpsis

I think that we get regular reports. I was at Sugarbush last weekend and it was really good. We are finally getting into shape. With regards to your question, I don't write many reports anymore because for the time and effort fewer people are reading them. :(

Requesting a report is not a bad idea. I think that only a handful of people regularly post reports and puting up pcitures here a bit of a pain in the a** so unless there there is some epic powder to show, seeing pics of trails is kind of irrelevant.

One of the most valuable aspects of this board are the trip reports so you can know first hand what conditions to expect on the mountain. It also balances nicely the typical bs that a lot ski area reports post on their websites.

I real every trip report that's posted here.

brcski

I was about to ask anyone ski smuggs lately, I've never been got b1g1 tickets. So worth it on Saturday?

I was there this past weekend Friday - Monday. The snow was unbelievable they received 2-4" everynight on top of the 20"+ they got last Wednesday - Thursday, everything was open. The glades had a ton of snow in them and skied great. If it's real busy you can ski glades and natural trails (all bumped up) off of the Madonna II lift. We skied right on this lift all day Saturday and Sunday, while Madonna I and Sterling lifts had 15 minute lines at least. It got real cold there Monday so definitely dress warm for this weekend. I wish I could have stayed there all week.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Requesting a report is not a bad idea. I think that only a handful of people regularly post reports and puting up pcitures here a bit of a pain in the a** so unless there there is some epic powder to show, seeing pics of trails is kind of irrelevant.

One of the most valuable aspects of this board are the trip reports so you can know first hand what conditions to expect on the mountain. It also balances nicely the typical bs that a lot ski area reports post on their websites.

I real every trip report that's posted here.

I always like seeing current pictures; it's easier to understand than a report tainted with one's opinion. IMO.

If you can't get a report from a specific area, try to find one at an area that is "nearby". That may not be possible, but if it is, it might be better than nothing.