• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Valentines day plans???

ComeBackMudPuddles

I like Valentines day and enjoy doing the right fun things. Sure its a hallmark holiday. I can live with that. I know my wife likes getting the flowers at work.Glad to see her happy. Sappy, but true.

What he said....I think of it as a fun day for just me and my wife. It's not someone's birthday, or some holiday. Just an excuse to give some chocolates or flowers and to say "I love you". Pretty innocent fun. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Vortex

May daughter had gifts for her entire class and for us. We had stuff for the kids. It was a family event with a family dinner. To each their own. I did see a lady in line at the bank and she was asked what's up for valentines day?. The reposne way my husband does not celebrate hallmark Holidays. I don't think the 3.99 for a card would have killed him. It hurt her. I felt bad.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Questioning is fine and should be strongly encouraged But IMO so should Committment . We often find things we dont necessarily like but are able to compromise for the greater good . Its not justtaking one for the team but rather building upon tradition
Thanks, Warp Daddy. I was not baiting that type of response but I will certainly walk through the door with one of my favorite topics. People do not need to be married to be committed. It requires a pretty secure bond to move twice and purchase a house together without a piece of paper saying you are married. But no more secure bond than those who are married have. I do not want to get political here, but lot's of committed couples are not even allowed to marry in many locations. They push for their right, which is cool, but they don't really need it to be committed couples. Tradition has since become getting a divorce which is where almost half of marriages end up. I do not think of it as "do your own thing" but rather re-evaluating whether the tradition is a good thing and what it was intended to do. Is it doing what it was intended to do? If more people asked that question, I think the tradition would be stronger, not weaker... if people saw the value in the tradition. Cool for those that do but I have yet to be convinced on this tradition. For the most part, I am not completely anti-tradition... especially just to be anti-tradition and different. Being different just to be different is rather sophomoric.