• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Veteran's Day or Armistice Day is Today

thetrailboss

Staff member
:flag: Today is the one day a year that we remember those who gave their lives for our country and to thank them and others who have served. America would not be what it is if it had not been for them. Though many of us are busy to recall that everyday should be Veteran's Day, be sure to thank those who served today. :flag:

Trailboss

Cousin Jay is currently in Iraq with the VT National Guard.

Grandfather I was in World War II
Grandfather II was in World War II and Korea

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks to everyone who has servered or is serving now. This country wouldn't be what it is without you! :flag:

BeanoNYC

Ditto. My students threw a Veterans memorial dinner and invited some local vets last night. We all had a grand time. Thanks to all who served.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Veteran's Day

Just wanted to thank all the men and women out there who risked their lives to protect the world and this country no matter what the reason, good or bad.
I shudder to think what it would have been like to be on one of those beach landing craft getting ready to face death on the shore of France on D-Day.

:flag: :beer:

tirolerpeter

Veteran's Day

Thanks for the sentiments guys. Unfortunately, it is a sad day for me because I can never forget the guys who didn't make it back from Vietnam while I did. I feel sad because they didn't get to have a family, and enjoy the good life that I have had and continue to enjoy. They didn't get to see, much less ski some of the beautiful mountains that I have had the opportunity to experience. Here's one for them... :beer:

John84

Dad was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam and retired as a full colonel. Half-Brother was a West Point grad and served in Desert Storm. :flag: