• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Volkl adjustable skiis???

Rushski

Those would be the Tigersharks (10s or 12s).

Never skied them but Volkl usually doesn't make a lemon...

wa-loaf

I demoed them last year. Awesome ski. And expensive. But the switch was noticable and these would make a great EC ski. Typical Volkl bombproof edge hold with the ski stiff and on the soft setting it does nicely in crud and is a bit more forgiving.

KevinF

Those springs are part of the binding, which I believe is made by Marker. I think binding companies know a thing or two by now about making springs that last.

Mildcat

wa-loaf

Those springs are part of the binding, which I believe is made by Marker. I think binding companies know a thing or two by now about making springs that last.

No, these are built into the ski and not part of the binding system. They run the whole length of the ski. I think the rods are made of titanium so they're not likely to break, don't know about the springs though. They also have the Marker Piston bindings, but that's a separate system.

wa-loaf

Meh, I've never really been bothered by the weight of a ski unless it's something I need to lug a long way. Once they're on my feet I don't notice.

WoodCore

No, these are built into the ski and not part of the binding system. They run the whole length of the ski. I think the rods are made of titanium so they're not likely to break, don't know about the springs though. They also have the Marker Piston bindings, but that's a separate system.

FYI, The rods themselves are actually made out carbon fiber and run the entire length of the ski in separate tubes on each side of the ski. Increased stiffness in the ski is created by tensioning the carbon rod in the tube. Regardless, the ski is pretty bomb-proof, a solid wood core with a sheet of titanium for good measure.