• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Week of Feb 27 to March 3 -- 2012

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
What I don't like is the NCP forecast for Saturday...nice to see the snow for Wed-Thurs but I don't see this one as being worthy of another day off from work.

I agree about Sat. I was looking forward to skiing packed powder for once this year, and now it's a mixed event, at best. This season has made me a very bitter man.

WinnChill

Not sure how to translate this.

Where are people seeing the 70's next week? I saw 50's in the Vermont mountains but nothing close to 70.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Just if Hammer was considering being "sick" Thurs or Friday before any NCP Saturday. Also, keep in mind that talk of 70's is from a weather forum where most are from southern New England--much different forecasts. Important to keep everything in context. But we are expecting a warm spike late next week.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Just if Hammer was considering being "sick" Thurs or Friday before any NCP Saturday. Also, keep in mind that talk of 70's is from a weather forum where most are from southern New England--much different forecasts. Important to keep everything in context. But we are expecting a warm spike late next week.

Agree me. Keep you eye on the higher elevations. It's interesting to see the lower el. discussions, it sort of gives you a clue what lies ahead. Between temp differentials, wind and upslope (and probably others WC more capably articulates) it's all got to be taken in conext.

BTW, The NEK radio stations in VT were reporting this snow as "good news" yesterday. Glad someone's got the right attitude!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Oh, one more thing. I was skiing at, I think it was Magic last month. It was absolutely pouring in the morning. So much so I was planning on going home. I went to the lodge sat for an hour, and then said, what the hell, let's go ski a run or two. Halfway up the chair it was snowing, and the snow quality was great. I had some red wax on that helped, but I probably should have had yellow. Anyways, it was 100% snowing top to bottom by noon. I had a blast.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Maps are posted

[/URL]
StormTotalSnowFcst.png

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

StormTotalSnowWebFcst.png

Puck it

Snowfall mainly Wed night thru most of Thurs--a slightly drawn out, steady snow event.

Cannon website says snow thru Thursday night. What are daytime snow amounts looking like on Thursday for Cannon? And does it turn off there?

WJenness

Work Boss has approved Thursday powder hunting...

Now just need to line up the home front.

-w