• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Week of February 24 to March 2

WinnChill

Winn, if I were you, I'd create a thread and post every day that you plan to go skiing, and people would just buy you beers left and right for all the hard work you do.

Lol! Thanks! A beer sounds good right about now and it's not even noon.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
StormTotalSnowFcst.png

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

StormTotalSnowWebFcst.png

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I saw that too. My first impression was ... naaah, not at elevation. Well, we've three more hours before the temps drop. That radar shows valley and flatland, not summits.

Stratton Summit is still holding strong at 25F http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KVTSTRAT3
but the base is 32F. With that big a diff, I'm crossing fingers...

My sense is it might be dry on summit, wet on bottom. I think I may need red wax.

BenedictGomez

The temperatures aloft are definitely holding down (at least so far). The southernmost little area of snow/mix in NY on that map, across from southern Massachusetts is the Catskills. You can see that while Route 22A is getting rained on in the valley, the DAX and spine on either side of Lake Champlain seems to be holding as all snow or some mix (not the worst thing) right now.