• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekly AZ Night Ski - Nashoba Valley, Westford, MA 2/17/05

ChileMass

Another great night out with Bob R. We are trying really hard to entice some of the other Boston locals to come join us while the season is still on! The conditions were not as good as 2 weeks ago, but there was still some snow on the sides to be had, and a lot of man-made, especially on the racing trails and the winding trails through the woods.

Made lots of short laps on Nashoba's "blues" and "blacks" (they're all green), and got chummy with a few of the lifties who were very helpful and friendly.

A great night was marred only when Bob nearly ran down an unsuspecting family of friendly, conscientious snowboarders. Turns out the Ski Patrol were looking for Bob all over the hill (we were told that Bob was "a hot item" on the hill just then). Of course, I was completely unaware of Bob's maniac run and stopped to assist a small boarder (I'll call him Johnny from Acton), who tearfully told me how frightened he had been by "that bad man in the red quilted jacket". These Vermont guys think they can do anything they want....... :wink: :wink:

I'm just kidding - we had a great time again. You Boston-area AZers ought to come with us. Next time will probably be in 2 weeks, and maybe at Pat's in NH........

:beer:

thetrailboss

Staff member
ChileMass said:
These Vermont guys think they can do anything they want....... :wink: :wink:

I'm just kidding - we had a great time again.
:beer:

Hey, you know us Vermonters!!! :wink: "I'm a Vermonta', I do what I wanna!" :beer:

Well, if you guys want, I can show you around Pat's...it is a lot of fun and you all are welcome...us Vermonters will slow down for you :wink: (Just kidding)

Vortex

Well TB I told you it was coming. Actually truth be known ChileMass stood up for me. Still a b--- busting opportunity he would not miss. :D We had more runs than last time. Still can't tell you any runs we did. ChileMass and I laughed the whole time many yucks a blast. We really need to get out as a group, isn't that part of what we do? :idea: Join in on one of the up coming trips, be it this weekend or the Burke trip. We will try to get a couple more night tuns in as well. ChileMass was very generous and my wallet stayed closed. :beer: Come join us :D