• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you into at the moment?

Greg

Staff member
One of the guys I've been playing with turned me onto this band recently:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Saw Ben Folds play with the Boston Pops at Symphony Hall last Saturday.

Amazing show. I wonder who arranged and orechestrated all the songs. Whomever it was did a fantastic job.

ERJ-145CA

I've been listening to the new Alice In Chains CD and it's great. It's good to have some new AIC after 13 years even with a new singer. The new singer, William Duvall does a good job. RIP Layne Staley.

I saw them in Atlantic City a couple years ago and they put on a great show too.

mondeo

Somewhat rediscovered Our Lady Peace over the weekend. Forgot how good some of their songs are.

(Audio goes funky about 3:30 in)

Canadian rock, for whatever reason, just rules.

Greg

Staff member

I've been listening to the new Alice In Chains CD and it's great. It's good to have some new AIC after 13 years even with a new singer. The new singer, William Duvall does a good job. RIP Layne Staley.

I saw them in Atlantic City a couple years ago and they put on a great show too.

Wow. That dude sounds just like Layne. His voice blends in similarly with Jerry Cantrell's who was almost as important to the AIC signature sound as Layne Staley was. I'd be into going to a new AIC show. I first saw them in 1991 before Facelift really took off.

ERJ-145CA

I figured I'd post my current favorite song while I was on youtube. I've liked every Drowning Pool song I've heard but I never bought one of their albums. Maybe I should get this one.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Holy Crap! I missed this when it was a new release... but the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album is friggin off the hook!!! Especially the first few tracks...

I'm just getting into YYY. Off the current album I also really like

I'll be adding these to my Opening Day playlist as well:

BackLoafRiver

The Punch Brothers. I really appreciate their blend of Bluegrass/ Jazz/ and Pop. They can play!!!

Look up more of their stuff. The mandolin player, Chris Thile, is unreal. His voice is great.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
No clue if this thread was intended to be "what are you listening to right now", but in case your curious...

"I'm in Miami bitch!"

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Oh man, I'm back to the past. Dug out many of my old albums and began to digitize them:
Procol Harem
The dead
Johnny Winter
Grace Slick
Jimi Hendrix
Traffic
Chicago
10 Years after
Janis Joplin
George Harrison
Allman Brothers
CSNY
Guthrie
Sly stone
Neil Young
Santana
The Band
Poco
Joni Mitchel
John Prine

Oh, stop it Bill!

Any you young-uns know any of these? Oh wait, you were being procreated while we sat in smoky rooms listening to the same vinyl I'm looking at right now!

Guess I'll go commiserate with this warped guy in NNY....

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Shush Bill about youngins. Being in a smoky room listening to vinyl describes much of my early 20s. Much different must, though. :D

I bet I probably have more vinyl than at least 95% of you old dogs on this forum. :p