• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What New Places Did You Ski This Year?

xlr8r

Just Crotched for me. Really nice place, just wish it was a bit closer as it is about 45 min longer a drive to get there than Wawa and is very far from the highway.

Also went to Breton Woods for the first time in over 10 years, so there were a lot of new things to discover there as well.

chuckstah

No new places in the east for me this year, although I hit Smuggs for the first time since the early 90's. It was a great day in early April with most everything including Robin's Run and Freefall open. Also hit Bretton Wood's on a March pow day for the first time since the late 80's. Enjoyed the new t-bar and glades.
Out west I skied Snowbasin, Sundance, Deer Valley and Alta for the first time. Great early February trip extended 3 days by the Northeast blizzard. Great pow day at Alta on my last day, and a nice tour of Snowbasin by an instructor I met on my first gondy ride.

ERJ-145CA

Windham was new for me as they were the first place open within an easy day trip distance. Started my season nice and early there and it looked promising until I broke my leg in January.

adks12020

Canon was the only new "ski area" for me this year but I skied Mt. Washington (NH)(not "Tucks", other side of the mountain), Thunderbolt Ski Trail on Mt. Greylock (MA), Owls Head Lookout Glades (NY), a few other unnamed glades (at least that I know of) in the Adirondacks (NY) and Snowy Mountain (NY) on my new AT gear this year.

ScottySkis

Windham was new for me as they were the first place open within an easy day trip distance. Started my season nice and early there and it looked promising until I broke my leg in January.

What you think of the place ? I been their once as an adult on a holiday so I can't truly judge them from that.

JDMRoma

Skied SteamBoat Springs at Christmas ! Amazing, cant wait for this Christmas ! and Then skied Burke in March ! Great season ! Come on November !

ERJ-145CA

I can't really make much of a judgement because both times I was there there was only one top to bottom run open as it was right at the beginning of the season. It was a lot of fun though because it was my first two times skiing for the season.

C-Rex

Sugarbush was the only new place in the East for me. What a great mountain, I already can't wait to go back. Out west I got to spend some time at Heavenly and Kirkwood. Kirkwood will definitely be seeing more of me. I'd love to spend a week there with 2 or 3 feet of fresh. Amazing terrain!

Bumpsis

Just one: Gunstock. Hit it twice, both, in the week day and one of those with a few inches of fresh. I was impressed by the lenght of the gladed runs. Can't remeber the name of those glades but they were steep enough to be quite exciting, especially with untracked snow. Something tells me that during the weekends it's a zoo, but for mid week, I think that will be my new day tripping destination of choice.
I especially liked the fact that they offered 1/2 day morning tickets. It lets me rip the trails and I still have a good portion for the day to either hit their XC center or get some work done.