• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What new places will ya hit this year 2012-2013?

ScottySkis

Steamboat and Wolfcreek are a definite for me this year. I also have high hopes that I will get to Tahoe this year and cross Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood off of the list.

FYI Steamboat is nice just remember its low elevation can hurt if you wait to March to go.

Riverskier

Absolutely nowhere! I do plan to hit Saddleback for only the second time ever though. Luckily I am perfectly content spending 90% of my days at Sunday River with a few days at other Maine ski areas scattered in there. I hope to travel more for skiing later in life, but with a non skiing wife and a 2 year old at home, I will be grateful for my 35+ days in my home state, even if they are at the same old mountains.

Anklebiter

There's also this Tahoe 6-pack for $299, forced variety....

http://www.skilaketahoe.com/lake-tahoe-six-pack-ticket-2012-13-season

A few years ago it would sell out pretty quick, the last couple not as fast. Maybe due to lower pass prices?

I should post that in the 2012-2013 thread, it's been dead recently.

I believe that's it. I didn't realize it was structured that way. I thought it was just for Heavenly,Kirkwood and Northstar. Doesn't matter to me, I'd love to hit squaw valley instead of Northstar. Thanks for posting the link. You just made my life easier.

mlkrgr

Same old ones for me; Sunday River (for sure) and then some sort of mixture of Loon, Jay Peak, Stowe, Mt Snow, and Stratton depending on how things work out.

Paul_M

Rotarun would just be night skiing after Sun Valley, even I admit it that one might be tough to occupy the whole day.

I've already been to Soldier, had a great day, we basically had the whole place to ourselves. Not to mention one of the best deals on lunch ever (thank you Bruce Willis).

I'm sure I'll thoroughly enjoy JH and GT, but what I really love is the nearly empty out of the way type places. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

When I night skied Rotarun in the mid-80's they just had a string of 100 w bulbs to light the run. LOL

jaytrem

When I night skied Rotarun in the mid-80's they just had a string of 100 w bulbs to light the run. LOL

Wow, that's beyond old school. I'll be sure to pack a head lamp.

Blizzard of Wahhs

You should go in August I hear the snow is the best then.

Teh glaciers make my bum pucker bc of these..

StubaiCrevasses.jpeg

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I blame Greg. You take your job very seriously Nick.

New place to ski this year.. Jackson Hole Wyoming. It gives me teh woodies

Hey you're still here even though all 10 posts today were clearly to incite. Would a been the first ban since I've been here ;)
Get out to Jackson Hole and let us know how it goes.Skistef was out there last year... looks sick.

Hope we can have some good discussion, then 8)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2