• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What Sort of Deals Get You to Book?

polski

Website
twitter.com
Michael, past repeat customer (with and w/o family) and sure to be again. Only seeing this thread now and I'm mainly seconding others' good ideas here:

- Do you tend to sell out with late bookings/walk-ins when midweek snow is forecast? If not, snow-chaser specials (as ta&idaho said) advertised via email list, Twitter, etc. You might not even have to offer deals for powder days, just push out the word to past customers and anyone else interested when you still have vacancies and the snow is about to fall. Perhaps offer more aggressive discounts when you have vacancies and conditions are merely good. You don't want to cut into existing margins but you do want to minimize the number of rooms that otherwise would go empty.

- don't know if it it might make sense to offer some kind of small discount for MRG shareholders. I know at least a couple other places in the Valley do.

- update your home page, which currently highlights summer.

- do more to emphasize breakfast (especially now that it starts early enough to make first chair) and your hot tub.

- WiFi is essential and Geoff's "femtocells" idea is intriguing - I know cell service sucks in the MRV except for whatever the local provider is up there, so you really could distinguish yourself if you could advertise that the big carriers work in your place.

- tuning bench is a good idea if you have space for it.

- I don't think you're in hotels.com or the other online booking services. Don't know if there's a cost to that that outweighs the benefits, but it might be a way to get a little additional business from people not familiar with the MRV.

p.s. anyone looking for a real good SB deal, if you can do non-holiday midweek you can get 2-for-1 coupons by ordering the "Go Play New England Map" at http://ettractions.com/store.php?cat=19 (from the Skiing on the Cheap thread). Free, not even any s/h.