• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

Magic

There are people working outside right now. They are cutting grass around the base lodge and red chair. I don't know what the ones up the mountain are doing, but ATVs keep going up and down. They did pull in some hoses that were left out. As I understand it, the inside people are on vacation. I'm not sure when they'll be back to start selling tickets or whatever else you do indoors during the summer.

They are putting a cell tower up at the top.

slatham

A new/additional tower (more revenue) or a replacement of existing?

Glad to hear the full time ops crew is still on the job. If they went on an extended vaca that would be a bad sign. I know Tom wants to hold cost down, so not paying the "inside" crew for 2+ dead months makes sense, though the lack of communication regarding such a move and season passes not being available until later is a bit frustrating.

I have to think the BLT will be open soon as Timber Quest (per their voice mail message at least) is opening in less than 2 weeks.

slatham

Continuing the search for signs of life at Magic......

Timber Quest web site updated with June 27,2015 as opening day. I would suspect BLT opens then too but no info on Magic website.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Continuing the search for signs of life at Magic......

Timber Quest web site updated with June 27,2015 as opening day. I would suspect BLT opens then too but no info on Magic website.

Do they need the BLT for the Timber Quest operation?

Magic

Butties are playing on the 3rd. No communication anywhere.

slatham

I don't think they"need" to have BLT open when Timberquest is open. They are run by two different groups. But having food and beverage helps TQ be a fuller offering, and with TQ open there will be some business for BLT to capture. Symbiotic.

Sorcerer

I heard that Magic is updating their ticket processing system for all passes (season and specials). The system that they have is archaic, and each processed ticket pays some good amount (not sure what it is) to the processor - similar to but higher than credit cards charge,

The new system is supposed to be in place later this month.

The person who used to maintain the on-line accounts is gone, and a new one has to be found to update the on-line sites like this one, Facebook etc. Seems simple to have someone do it but evidently not everyone can do it.

I know that they have someone to run the bar, and as bars usually pay for themselves plus, I would expect it to be open when Timber Quest is or any other event is held.

Keep the faith :)

Magic

I heard that Magic is updating their ticket processing system for all passes (season and specials). The system that they have is archaic, and each processed ticket pays some good amount (not sure what it is) to the processor - similar to but higher than credit cards charge,

The new system is supposed to be in place later this month.

The person who used to maintain the on-line accounts is gone, and a new one has to be found to update the on-line sites like this one, Facebook etc. Seems simple to have someone do it but evidently not everyone can do it.

I know that they have someone to run the bar, and as bars usually pay for themselves plus, I would expect it to be open when Timber Quest is or any other event is held.

Keep the faith :)

Trying to stay optimistic but a similar comment was removed from the magic Facebook page. Why???

Magic

Probably because the response was to a very negative statement....When the statement was removed so was the response

Well at least someone is touching the Facebook page but why no discussion of the butties concert and fireworks? That brings newbies to the mountain regardless of the season.

slatham

I had some correspondence with Tom today and there's been a lot more activity than meets the eye (he can elaborate when the time is right). What I can tell you - season passes will go on sale this summer!

Summer solstice is Sunday. Almost time to start the official countdown. Could be a good winter, and Magic will be in the mix.

JamaicaMan

I'm going with Steve. "Could be a good winter, and Magic will be in the mix."

Magic

I had some correspondence with Tom today and there's been a lot more activity than meets the eye (he can elaborate when the time is right). What I can tell you - season passes will go on sale this summer!

Summer solstice is Sunday. Almost time to start the official countdown. Could be a good winter, and Magic will be in the mix.

Good to hear. Thank you!

Sorcerer

Did they put up the flags I gave them?

The Swiss flag is still the only one up. I heard there was supposed to be a bucket lift around sometime during the summer and the ropes would be fixed then.