• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

makimono

kind of surprised nobody took down the one flag for the offseason :flag:...can't wait to get up there and hike the hill, think they'll let me run the Rollka's down Show Off?

MMP

kind of surprised nobody took down the one flag for the offseason :flag:...can't wait to get up there and hike the hill, think they'll let me run the Rollka's down Show Off?

Surprised? I'm not. Unless the donor himself does it, it will never get done. It's folly, has nothing to do with the business of the ski area, and looks stupid. I've been skiing Magic for a long time and never noticed those poles until this brilliant idea surfaced.

steamboat1

Flags at Stratton.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sttratton_mtn-flags.jpg
    sttratton_mtn-flags.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 247

Sorcerer

Surprised? I'm not. Unless the donor himself does it, it will never get done. It's folly, has nothing to do with the business of the ski area, and looks stupid. I've been skiing Magic for a long time and never noticed those poles until this brilliant idea surfaced.

Now that's positive thinking :thumbdown:

The poles have been there for a long time and flags used to fly on them. The ropes are stuck at the top of the poles and the only way to get to them is probably a bucket truck. If you happen to have one around, I think the mountain would be more than happy to use it.

yeggous

Colorado? Interesting......

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I noticed that too. I also recognize the California flag and assume the rest are other states. I wonder why they choose them.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

I noticed that too. I also recognize the California flag and assume the rest are other states. I wonder why they choose them.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

States/Countries that Intrawest has resorts in??

MMP

Now that's positive thinking :thumbdown:

The poles have been there for a long time and flags used to fly on them. The ropes are stuck at the top of the poles and the only way to get to them is probably a bucket truck. If you happen to have one around, I think the mountain would be more than happy to use it.

Why exactly would i do that? The "mountain" likely could give 2 shits about those flags.

Bucket truck. That's hilarious.

Abasin

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434849043.007913.jpg

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Thanks MMP. You've left a great first impression on me.

MMP

And you me. Why not get those poles and flags squared away big shot. As of now you've done nothing but put another thing on the list of things that won't get done, and created another eyesore that someone can look at and say " wtf ? Why is there a Swiss flag almost flying at magic".

Moron.

steamboat1

And you me. Why not get those poles and flags squared away big shot. As of now you've done nothing but put another thing on the list of things that won't get done, and created another eyesore that someone can look at and say " wtf ? Why is there a Swiss flag almost flying at magic".

Moron.

attachment.php

Attachments

• doh-homer-simpson-doh_23577270.jpg
    doh-homer-simpson-doh_23577270.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 281

VTKilarney

Apparently no good deed goes unpunished. I really liked the idea of the flags, and I think that someone who tries to do something positive for a ski area should be applauded.