• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

Do Work

Maybe you haven't heard of this really neat invention called a flash. With a good flash and a nice camera you can freeze motion up to 1/1000th of a second even at night. I guess that's the kind of info that only pro photographers have.

Sun has been up in Londonderry for at least 40 minutes. You waiting on the local 1 hour photo mart to deliver photos still?

Bahahahahaha the scorned psycho ex-gf level rage has got me ROLLING in the office this morning. Can you show me on this doll where Magic touched you?? :fangun::fangun::fangun:

VTKilarney

If Magic has liability insurance in place, I am sure that their marketing director will say so in this forum very quickly. If not, why are they participating here in the first place?

And if they are going to open on January 9th, I am sure that they have a date set for the lift inspection. And if that's the case, any marketing director worth their salt would verify that there is indeed a date certain.

Last edited:

doublediamond

Are there any power outlets around the corner on Wand or do they just have 6 guns going for the 2500 ft of Showoff and the base?

Do Work

You can talk to " management" all you want, but remember those there have chosen to
" drink the coolaid" that Tom Barker has concocted. None of them have the knowlege/ experience or gumption
To question TB's judgement, which by most who have interacted with him say is driven by ignorance and ego, usually a bad combination
and a failing mix.
They have all been apart of deceiving the public and magic faithful with "opening dates" that we now find out
They never were ready for with no lifts inspected and no snowmaking capabilities ready until yesterday.......and that only
Happened because someone stepped in and made it happen, as TB went " deer in the headlights" when pump failed again and was told $1500 to fix. Thanks to someone who makes things happen and didnt want MTN ops be stuck on hold
Again, he worked w another mtn./ and gotnit done.
Hopefully the lift will be inspected this week, bottom line is they can't hold off on writing a check
For it any longer.
Yes, there was rain, same stuff bromley/ okemo and stratton had.......the difference is
These mountains had their lifts inspected and snowmaking systems were ready to go as soon as the opportunity allowed.
It would be good if the management at Magic learned their lesson about transparency as the truth came out
On all of this last week. Perhaps going foreward their mktg. Person will quit banning those that ask normal ski area questions.....
This just is more evidence of lack of experience all the way around, from mktg. To above, because a true GM/ leader would fire someone
Who is doing this. Instead he keeps a $15-17/ Hr. Kid w no ski area ormktg. Experience that obviously does not know how to handle people.

Bahahaha yes everyone at Magic is a terrible person. Talk about drinking the kool-aid! :beer:

Treepopper

Bahahaha yes everyone at Magic is a terrible person. Talk about drinking the kool-aid! :beer:

Did not say " everyone at magic was a terrible person".

Am saying that their current management group is less then stellar.....
Do u believe it was right for management to deceive people about being ready for
Their announced opening days? Do you believe it is right for a marketing mgr. In a customer service based business to ban
People who asked what should have been simple questions? That is not what Magic is about.
Guess when your lying to the public a good tact is.....best defence is offence, so why not be rude and offensive to potential paying customers....personally think a little humility would have gone alot further. Funny thing is.....many of the employees there currently
Think the new mktg. Guy is a cocky jerk who is lousy w people........heard it directly from Many of them this weekend while there......
Very sorry they lost their new patrol guy, but can u blame him? He was smart enough to recognize the smoke and mirrors and get out......
Do they have any paid patrol at this point? How about volunteers......very risky to be patrol at this point for this operation as who wants the liability as its evident that this group would leave you to hang.
The snowmaking start is good news and hope they can make Saturday opening, outside seems to be doing good work in spite of the management......just sayin hopefully we can ski saturday.......

Wardrobe

If Magic has liability insurance in place, I am sure that their marketing director will say so in this forum very quickly. If not, why are they participating here in the first place?

And if they are going to open on January 9th, I am sure that they have a date set for the lift inspection. And if that's the case, any marketing director worth their salt would verify that there is indeed a date certain.

No point in spending money on liability insurance if your company is judgment proof.

Do Work

Glad I could brighten your day. I'm just here for the LOLz. Looking forward to ripping some turns with you once the mountain opens.

#lolfocker

trust.jpg

slatham

Well, I am glad to see shots of guns pumping out snow! Maybe all is not lost.....

Any evidence the air/water guns are going up on Carpet or Trick?

skithetrees

Did not say " everyone at magic was a terrible person".

Am saying that their current management group is less then stellar.....
Do u believe it was right for management to deceive people about being ready for
Their announced opening days? Do you believe it is right for a marketing mgr. In a customer service based business to ban
People who asked what should have been simple questions? That is not what Magic is about.
Guess when your lying to the public a good tact is.....best defence is offence, so why not be rude and offensive to potential paying customers....personally think a little humility would have gone alot further. Funny thing is.....many of the employees there currently
Think the new mktg. Guy is a cocky jerk who is lousy w people........heard it directly from Many of them this weekend while there......
Very sorry they lost their new patrol guy, but can u blame him? He was smart enough to recognize the smoke and mirrors and get out......
Do they have any paid patrol at this point? How about volunteers......very risky to be patrol at this point for this operation as who wants the liability as its evident that this group would leave you to hang.
The snowmaking start is good news and hope they can make Saturday opening, outside seems to be doing good work in spite of the management......just sayin hopefully we can ski saturday.......

edited. You are so 2000-late (sorry, had to). They haven't had liability insurance from what I understand since reopening circa 2003.

Last edited:

Treepopper

Good news, saw the fuel truck come this am,
They needed it before they could fire up guns on the top, which have started.
Luckily fuel cheap this yr! Hopefully by time we get back coverage!

skifasttakechances

Ski patrol liability is covered by the national association. You are so 2000-late (sorry, had to). They haven't had liability insurance from what I understand since reopening circa 2003.

Wrong. I patrol at another mountain in VT and have for 15 years. The NSP only has general liability for its educator's when they are instructing a class of other NSP members. Whether you are paid or a volunteer you are working as an agent of the area that you patrol at. Simple as that. And the good Samaritan Act may or may not cover you. But I'm not willing to roll the dice and I would never patrol at mountain without a general liability policy. If you're a young kid with no family and no assets go for it but I wouldn't. Don't believe me google the NSP policy and procedures Chapter 8. Happy reading.
Good to read that Magic is making snow. Love that hill on powder days.