• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where Would You Rather Ski

catskills

Where Would You Rather Ski ?

NHMooseTHANKS.jpg

OR

bumperSticker_skiPHaT.png

abc

Where would I RATHER ski?

New Hamshire!

(though in reality, I NEVER skied NH. Always skied in VT)

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Vermont. Better snow and more accessible.

4aprice

Having lived there I am biased toward New Hampshire. Vermont gets better and more snow but the Whites are prettier mountains. They both (and N NY) are better then PA but at least I get to ski alot because of PA.

As to the question of where I'd rather ski? Utah.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

deadheadskier

Staff member
Taking out all the demographic, travel and non-ski product related issues, I have a hard time understanding how anyone would rather ski anywhere in the East, but Northern Vermont. The terrain rivals or exceeds that of any other location in the East and over the course of the season, the amount of natural snow and lesser amounts of freeze / thaw cycles results in significantly better conditions.

That said, anyone who knows me in person or reads my posts knows that I can have a blast just about anywhere. 75% or more of my skiing these days is done in NH and that's for one reason only; accessibility. I like to keep my travel time to and from the mountain under 2 hours, which limits me to NH.

I can respect people enjoying the 'atmosphere' better in NY, NH or ME, but from a pure ski product stand point, Northern VT is king.