• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where you going and What are you doing this weekend?

RISkier

Re: ....

bigbog said:
Well, I won't be headin' down & westward...all the way to Stowe, but my EarlyWarning Powder System email said that Stowe received 6-8" last night(or was that the previous night?? :roll: )....no I think it was date stamped this morning, I think... Might be worth a try for the AM hours...for anyone close-bye.
I'll be checking the temps....and the Loaf's conditions (from locals...)

I'm in Stowe. It was warm yesterday, poured for a while during the night prior to turning to snow -- heavy, wet, snow. I'd guess about 6". Conditions today were just the kind of stuff I just haven't gotten a handle on yet. Heavy, wet snow pushed up into piles. Should get cold tonight and I'd anticipate firm and fast conditions tomorrow, and it'll likely get skied off as the day goes on. We were getting light flurries, and I'm sure they're making snow, but... Conditions Tuesday and Wednesday were very nice but the weather just won't hold. There is a good base on all the trails with snowmaking.

Terry

where you going this weekend?

I am planning on going to Shawnee Peak both sat and sunday. We had warm rain, then cold so am not real excited about what the conditions will be though.But maybe I will be pleasantly surprised! :beer:

B

beswift

Bob R said:
beswift. I step back. To me kids are young ones. The teen age thing I understand and it appears to be actions of the kids, not the kids themselves that concern you.
Teens are teens on the mountain as well as everywhere else they are. Late November I was skiing with my 10year old son and this teenager was swearing at the top of his lungs in the chair ahead of us the whole ride up the lift. I was like an outburst is okay, but I have a 10 year old here is this really necessary. He gave me the old man look and stayed away from me the rest of the day. Peace
dmc said:
"He used to be such a nice boy - he used to cut the grass"
FZ

Actually, I have heard stories like that about the lifts. Girls, by the way, can have the foulest mouths. If I have kids, I doubt that I'll live long enough to see them become teens. Nevertheless, I'll prabably wed some teen and have to put up with her parents who are younger than I am.

sledhaulingmedic

Sitting at home, smoking crack. (Actually, smoking ribs. Almost done, too. Maybe a BEVERAGE!)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Any predictions about Cannon this Sunday?
i am predicting good things. haven't heard any reports from today, but they reported 4-6" after the rain. hard to call, but they did open up skylight and upper ravine so most of the upper mountain is now open. hopefully the bumps on the sides of the front face trails were not groomed and improved with the snow despite the NCP. over all i have a good vibe and am considering a go at mittersill if certain determining factors and indicators look good. who knows, but should be at least as good if not better than last week which was decent.

(Actually, smoking ribs. Almost done, too. Maybe a BEVERAGE!)
sled, having a beverage? :lol:

swade2469

boiling ribs for an hour then slow cooking them tomorrow before the game. Go Pats! Possible cracked rib on the personal side, praying for a speedy recovery.

ctenidae

Very little worse than a cracked rib. Take it easy, swade, tape it up, and don't breathe too deeply or sit up too quickly.
Man, that hot jab in teh side when you stress a cracked rib is just about the worst pain there is. Hate that.
Hitting Sunapee tomorrow. Nobody's got great conditions, so might as well stay close to home.

Terry

where you going this weekend?

I skied Shawnee Peak yesterday for a couple of hours- wasn't as bad as I expected. They were making snow last night so should be better today. We will find out shortly as I am planning on getting first chair- If I can get wife and daughter going. Sometimes that is a tough task in the AM!! :beer:

B

beswift

MLK

Today I'm watching the Pats/Colts. I certainly am glad I'm not that kicker with the Jets!!! Great game, though, but I only caught the tail end of it. Yesterday I dropped someone off at Logan and then spent some time in Boston doing some shopping. It was pretty quiet. I picked up a pair of snowshoes at Hilton's Tent City and boots at Filene's basement. There's some great deals on Ski gloves and hats at Marshall's downtown. You can't beat $8 to $13 for gortex and thinsulated gloves. My leather boots went through two automatic markdowns and only cost me $20. They've got a pretty good collection of sweaters down there as well. I'll be skiing this upcoming week. If there isn't any natural snowfall I figure I'll be going to Killington with my Vt. card Wednesday. Does anyone know if there's any snow in the woods at the base of Pico? I'ld like to give the snowshoes a try.

sledhaulingmedic

How did you catch the end of the game that hasn't been played yet?

Who won? I gotta place a bet!

Ok. I re-read it after I listened to the P/C game and had a few drinks. Now it makes more sence. Never mind...

B

beswift

Do you always compose your posts after drinking? :blink: Anyway, the Pats won. :D The only game of theirs I saw during the regular season was the one with Pittsburgh. They looked awful then. Hopefully, the re-match next week will be a reversal. To answer the thread's topic, there's 8 inches of snow in my backyard and it is still falling. Looks like I'll be spending MLK day shovelling and putting down an x-c track.

sledhaulingmedic

beswift said:
Do you always compose your posts after drinking? :blink:

No. That's the problem.

I was driving up Rt 24 around 5:00PM when the snow hit. All I could think was "Perfect! They got it in the bag now!"

B

beswift

[quote="sledhaulingmedic
I was driving up Rt 24 around 5:00PM when the snow hit. All I could think was "Perfect! They got it in the bag now!"[/quote] Funny it was snowing lightly there and not here on the Cape. Then I woke to about 6 inches of cold light powder. Putting down x-c tracks was fun for a change. I had a great cardio-vascular work out this morning to celebrate the victory. The colts couldn't hold on to the ball. Brady kept it for long stretches which kept them shivering on the bench. It's obvious that Manning's team is a fair weather winner. It's supposed to be brutally cold in Pittsburgh next week, but both teams are used to it. :beer: