• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat or Cannon Tomorrow- 10-24-06

awf170

Salida, Sled, NHPH, anyone? Still not sure which mountain will be better. I'm leaning towards Cannon though because it is closer.

NHpowderhound

I havent heard any reports from the 'Cat yet so I would lean towards Cannon. Powderfreak over on FTO thinks the Whites could see as much as 4-8" tonight(10-16 in the mountains of the NEK). I wont belive it until I see it. Bring the rock skis wherever you go! ;-)

If you do go to Cannon, I would suggest peeking at Barrons over on Mitty. They may be positioned fro a better upslope event than the Cannon side. It might just be wishful thinking though.

Good luck and take some pics!

((*
*))NHPH

awf170

I havent heard any reports from the 'Cat yet so I would lean towards Cannon. Powderfreak over on FTO thinks the Whites could see as much as 4-8" tonight(10-16 in the mountains of the NEK). I wont belive it until I see it. Bring the rock skis wherever you go! ;-)

If you do go to Cannon, I would suggest peeking at Barrons over on Mitty. They may be positioned fro a better upslope event than the Cannon side. It might just be wishful thinking though.

Good luck and take some pics!

((*
*))NHPH

4-8 tonight!!! Where is his forcast, send it to me now! I've been driving myself nuts for the pasts 30 minutes trying to find it. 10-16 in the north east kingdom? That seems pretty wierd? Did you mean northern vermont aka jay peak and stowe?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i am bringing gear to work with potential of leaving early and heading to either jay or cannon if reports indicate worth while skiing. i haven't heard any reports and haven't seen much on the radar to indicate much is happening over there. i am definitely leaving work early on thursday for some turns. thursday is a freaking busy day with turn earning followed by freaking AFRIKA BAMBAATAA in burlington, holy crap 4am here i come!

klrskiah

As of now i think your best bet for some good turns would be sunday river they got 6-8 already. if u go, drive up to the jordan hotel and from there u can hike for some decent turns on excalibur because i would bet there is not much snow down on barker. If there is some huge upslope snows tonight than cannon might be better though but the radar looks pretty dead

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ebuw4vNkA58

awf170

Alright, I didn't go. Sunday River is too far. I heard first hand reports that Wildcat didn't get enough snow, and I think Cannon was too far west for snow. Tomorrow or thursday would be way better but I can't go. And, yes birdman I had school today. Sunday looks the next time I can get out, and by the looks of it right now might be epic. :-o So who is in for sunday?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Alright, I didn't go. Sunday River is too far. I heard first hand reports that Wildcat didn't get enough snow, and I think Cannon was too far west for snow. Tomorrow or thursday would be way better but I can't go. And, yes birdman I had school today. Sunday looks the next time I can get out, and by the looks of it right now might be epic. :-o So who is in for sunday?

I'm in for sunday Cannon.

awf170

I'm in for sunday Cannon.

Nice. Go buy some touring bindings now! I may have a pair of snow shoes for you to use, it just depends on whether my cousin or my dad goes. Sadly I bet the conditions will be better sunday then they were for the Cannon outing last year.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Nice. Go buy some touring bindings now! I may have a pair of snow shoes for you to use, it just depends on whether my cousin or my dad goes. Sadly I bet the conditions will be better sunday then they were for the Cannon outing last year.

I know, I'm workin on it. That'd be cool if you have snow shoes... or I have a pair of wood/leather bear paws I could use, that would be kinda funny. Actually, might go sailing Sunday too, not sure yet.

Can't be Saturday eh?

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
I'll probably be going Saturday. Don't know if itll be cannon though. I went last weekend and it was marginal, even for my exuberant standpoint. We'll see where the snow falls. Definitely skiing saturday, and sunday if its good.

-Porter

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I'll probably be going Saturday. Don't know if itll be cannon though. I went last weekend and it was marginal, even for my exuberant standpoint. We'll see where the snow falls. Definitely skiing saturday, and sunday if its good.

-Porter

Let me know where you go Saturday, or Sunday.

I'll firm up my sailing plans tonight.

But I'm good for anyone who needs to feel better about themselves as a skier or hiker.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I'd just prefer Cannon because it's three hours from my house. As opposed to pushing 3.5 for Conway or 4.5 for SR.
or you can drive up to the northern greens where the real snow will be ;) i'll be where ever gets the most white stuff. i am likely jay bound on thursday after work and i am hoping that some of the snow has stuck up top, probably not down lower.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
ya know, i gotta take back that last quip as looking at the latest, it seems like cannon might be due for more snow than the northern greens. i certainly wouldn't mind the shorter drive!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
ya know, i gotta take back that last quip as looking at the latest, it seems like cannon might be due for more snow than the northern greens. i certainly wouldn't mind the shorter drive!

So what're your weekend plans, Steve?

Got an extra pair of skins and alpine trekkers by any chance? ;)