• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat or Cannon Tomorrow- 10-24-06

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Do you have nice warm pair of water-proof boots? If so you will be fine.

Yeah, I have these:

MWBL.jpg

Full grain, Gore Tex, yada yada, I'll be fine.

My pack is small and I'm going to have to rig my ski boots on the outside somehow but I'll manage.

Hell, when I hiked K, I didn't even have a pack capable of carrying skis, period.

awf170

Yeah, I have these:

MWBL.jpg

Full grain, Gore Tex, yada yada, I'll be fine.

My pack is small and I'm going to have to rig my ski boots on the outside somehow but I'll manage.

Hell, when I hiked K, I didn't even have a pack capable of carrying skis, period.

Just click your boots into the bindings. I do this on my heli-pro pack and it is fine.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Ok, so for a quick rundown-

Salida skiing somewhere on Saturday, but not Sunday
Austin skiing somewhere (Cannon?) Sunday, but not Saturday
Steve skiing somewhere, sometime depending on weather
Marc skiing Saturday or Sunday, hopefully at Cannon.

Sailing is on for either day, so right now it will depend on the weather report, although as far as personal preference, I'd like to sail Sat, but we'll see what the weather reports are tomorrow.

awf170

After seeing the latest forcast it looks like saturday will be too early because the storm will just be starting up. Better for me, I don't want any tracks ahead of mine, actually maybe a skin track, but thats it. And remember daylight savings starts sunday so don't be an hour late. Right now I would say I am 75% if there is good snow...

awf170

Alright I'm near a 100% in now, if there is good snow. I'm leaning more towards Wildcat though because I bet they will get the least amount of rain. My bet is that Wildcat, Sugarloaf and Saddleback get by far the most snow of out this storm. Mt. Washington is like a giant warm air shield.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
prob be jay bound for sunday. i wanted some action tomorrow, but the latest forecasts seem to indicate leading upslope will be rather limited if at all. not cold outside at all right now here in StJ. i'll be leaving saturday alone but hopefully we pick something up on the back end. even if the whites get more tail end snow, the northern greens already have a deep base up high which is a more important factor when you are dealing with only a few inches following rain. if only a few degrees cooler, tomorrow would be off the hook.

awf170

prob be jay bound for sunday. i wanted some action tomorrow, but the latest forecasts seem to indicate leading upslope will be rather limited if at all. not cold outside at all right now here in StJ. i'll be leaving saturday alone but hopefully we pick something up on the back end. even if the whites get more tail end snow, the northern greens already have a deep base up high which is a more important factor when you are dealing with only a few inches following rain. if only a few degrees cooler, tomorrow would be off the hook.

Yes, I know I the Greens will be better, but they are a lot further. DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP TAUNTING ME!!!! :wink: If I could drive to St. Johnsbury then get a lift for the rest of the way I would probably be down though...