• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter 14-15 Ski Trip Plans

skiberg

In addition to Chamonix, I probably will do an early April trip out west to wherever the snow is. Went to CO last year April 1 -4 and it was really nice. Snow,Sun and no lines

watkin

Would hitting JH closing weekend be a good idea as a season extender or would you think I'd be a waste and I should just go during high winter? Tough choice.

skiNEwhere

Would hitting JH closing weekend be a good idea as a season extender or would you think I'd be a waste and I should just go during high winter? Tough choice.

Never been to JH but I don't think they like ever extend their season. I think they closed the first week of april last season with like a 10+ foot base. That's a damn crime.

Nice! Do happen to remember the thread by any chance?

http://www.epicski.com/t/127636/the-2015-jackson-hole-gathering-discussion-thread/0_20

FYI - The steep and deep clinic is Feb 25-28. The ES meetup is 2/26-3/6

skiberg

Watkin, I would wait until you see how the snow comes in. Especially if you are going late season. Last year I waited until mid March to schedule an early April trip Looked at the snow etc. worked out perfect.

mbedle

Booked my Stowe condo for February the day I left last year. Planning on a family trip over the christmas holiday at Stratton (in the ultra classy dorms!).

skiberg

I like to wait for the snow as well, but no can do for my Chamonix trip this year. I booked 11 months in advance and still had a tough time finding lodging.

skiberg

It was really tough this year. Just so happens the week we are going is the busiest week of the year. Not too worried however, Cham will be loaded with Brits and the majority don't venture very far off piste.

VTKilarney

Debating between Mt. Saint Anne and Mont Tremblant. I'm not sure it will happen, though, since we have passes at Burke. It's hard to rationalize the expense when you have already paid to ski somewhere else.

Edd

I play these western trips by ear. I'll definitely go somewhere if we have a lean snow year. See what happens.

snoseek

Ill be west somewhere (SLT likely) and whenever the inevitable drought sets up I'll get in the car and get some....

Brad J

Besides the weekly trips to Attitash/ Wildcat am going to Snowbird, Jan 10-17 and Jackson hole Feb 25- March 5 (Epic Gathering) , everything is booked.

VTKilarney

I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that one reason I have not committed to a ski trip is that I am debating whether to take a ski trip or go to a warm weather destination.