• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wyoming Trip - Jackson Hole, Snow King, Grand Targhee

SkiingInABlueDream

Sorry, am i misreading (it happens)? didnt you say anyone who wants the bar down is a pussy? Sorry was a bit agro but this world is getting out of control with internet tough guys. My point was: Yes i want the bar down and when im over some super high terrain as i age i am getting more cautious. But please dont call me a pussy, ha, thats the point. THere are many levels of testing manhood was my main point. Maybe you like heights and no bar? Good for you. Cheers

Ha, sorry, i reread. My apologies. Is valium good? So you were actually pointing how they look at it?
Well sheeeyyyittttt, looks like we butted heads over nothing!😅 Basically yes, I was taking a guess at the mentality of the insistent bar-up chair rider and tried to paint it with over the top negativity. Perhaps it backfired on me🥴
I always put the bar down. I probably went through a short phase where I thought pulling the bar down was a gaper flag. Then it dawned on me one day that a chair can actually stop suddenly and what if it did🤔 That and, it's silly to think that leaving a chairlift bar up is proving anything to anyone. That and, I usually like to lean forward sitting on the chair; gives my lower back a stretch. It'd be nuts to do that with the bar up.

Last edited:

eatskisleep

Hmmmm
Might be going from Jackson NH to Jackson WY
Wifey was just there and now wants to drop everything ( and ditch her family) to move west.....
Where the millionaires are being pushed out of town by the billionaires.

Honestly I love the town of Jackson (WY) and would Love it for us to move out there if our families would too haha. I told my wife it is like a Hallmark Movie of a town.