• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

thetrailboss

Staff member
I witnessed something at Sugarbush today that I cannot recall seeing in the past. Snow guns blazing when a major R event is in the forecast. Much more aggressive.
On the flip side they kept the gun pow run closed to skiing.
It's called they don't really have a choice. Time is now of the essence for the holiday and unless it is really, really bad, SOME of it will remain.

tumbler

It's not looking good but fingers crossed for something on the backside...You never know...

Blurski

I think this is a good move, Kinda like Eagan’s philosophy “ You only get one turn per turn to make that turn. Otherwise you lose your turn with that turn. Just make the next turn."
So make snow!

Castlerockrisk

I hope that everyone has a great holiday. While out skiing at the end of the day yesterday I wanted to order a few beers from the pub on the app. I know that we are facing tough times and that safety is paramount but the ordering app is cumbersome at best. My entire group tried the app and in the end we went home. If you intend to use the app set it up at home first. It does not link up to resort charge or apple pay and the app crashes often. For the mountains financial sake I hope that they improve the ordering process and possibly utilize a third party app, or allow ordering at a window with touch-less pay. I love this mountain and hope to see it do well regardless of ownership. Again make every turn count and enjoy the holidays.

WinS

I hope that everyone has a great holiday. While out skiing at the end of the day yesterday I wanted to order a few beers from the pub on the app. I know that we are facing tough times and that safety is paramount but the ordering app is cumbersome at best. My entire group tried the app and in the end we went home. If you intend to use the app set it up at home first. It does not link up to resort charge or apple pay and the app crashes often. For the mountains financial sake I hope that they improve the ordering process and possibly utilize a third party app, or allow ordering at a window with touch-less pay. I love this mountain and hope to see it do well regardless of ownership. Again make every turn count and enjoy the holidays.
Sugarbush is actually using the food and beverage TOK app. I have used it a number of times and it worked well, but it took me a few tries to get comfortable. But like anything new there are glitches which they are aware of especially if you just want to order a beer and get it quickly. I know all at Sugarbush appreciate feedback like this. The groomed trails today were the best of the year as the warmer temps softened them up. Unfortunately, Saturday morning will be a a different story, but they will have extra groomers going once the snow sets up late Friday evening. Hope for some snow at the end of the rain. Even an inch would make a big difference. The whales will start getting groomed, some Saturday night and more Sunday and maybe Monday depending on what the rain does.

Slidebrook87

Hate to be negative here, but if this storm wasn’t awful enough, there’s gonna be more rain and warm temps this week. 1608946751482.png

jaybird

Well, you've never seen a year like 2020 before either .. so at this point nothing should surprise you. Wink.

As to TOK, the IT guys are working on improving the responsiveness and shortening the delays .. largely attributable to an issue with their iPads .. those serve as the primary app interface devices. It appears that the 802Burrito process is the best operational flow they can offer now. No worries, by the time we have good skiing wall to wall, this will fade to black.

WinS

The 3” of fresh snow really improved the quality of the skiing. Ripcord was groomed last night and the early runs on Ripcord, Upper Organgrinder and Snowball/Spring Fling were excellent. The Chicken heads were ground up nicely. I think the plan is to groom out Domino Chute and Lower Organgrinder tonight so they should ski really nicely in the morning. Fingers crossed - the end of the week forecast is improving.