• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

22/23 Passes

deadheadskier

Staff member
There are different levels of veteran discounts. Retired and active military get the dirt cheap pass. Those of us who didn't put 20 full years in get a higher rate. $480 this year that's actually close to $100 cheaper than last season. Dependent pass is $270ish. That's high enough that I won't get two passes. I'm not able to ski enough to make two passes worth it right now. I am also have to get Wachusett and Ski Ward (for my sons racing) passes.

what about Indy if you don't feel you'll get a ton of days in? Sub out Saddleback and Jay for Sugarloaf and SR?

Would be less expensive than Veterans Epic.

wa-loaf

what about Indy if you don't feel you'll get a ton of days in? Sub out Saddleback and Jay for Sugarloaf and SR?

Would be less expensive than Veterans Epic.
The hope is to go out West too and Indy is really weak in CO and Utah, though Powder Mountain is pretty sweet. The price is close to even with Epic veteran since my son is 15 and would have to get an adult Indy pass for him. (I'd want Indy+ since I've gotta follow the usual vacation dates since he's still in school). Still weighing options.

KustyTheKlown

The hope is to go out West too and Indy is really weak in CO and Utah, though Powder Mountain is pretty sweet. The price is close to even with Epic veteran since my son is 15 and would have to get an adult Indy pass for him. (I'd want Indy+ since I've gotta follow the usual vacation dates since he's still in school). Still weighing options.

why do you need to go to colorado and utah? colorado and utah are super overrated ski destinations mobbed with people. the indy pass is so strong in washington idaho and montana and you'll deal with a fraction of the crowding, traffic, and other bullshit that comes with colorado and utah

also, powder mountain + beaver mountain is a fine 4 day trip in utah. 6 ski days if you use the 3rd day 25% off indy situation.

jaytrem

why do you need to go to colorado and utah? colorado and utah are super overrated ski destinations mobbed with people. the indy pass is so strong in washington idaho and montana and you'll deal with a fraction of the crowding, traffic, and other bullshit that comes with colorado and utah

also, powder mountain + beaver mountain is a fine 4 day trip in utah. 6 ski days if you use the 3rd day 25% off indy situation.
You're crazy. Colorado and Utah are the only proper choices. WA/ID/MT all suck! ;-)

wa-loaf

Overrated is debatable, but yeah can be crowded. But the only time I've really experienced lines out west was getting trapped at the bottom of the bowls at Vail.

Other factor is having a friend with a condo at Vail thus free lodging.

snoseek

I like to do the last minute thing and do wish indy was a bit more geographically spread out there but you're right powmow and beaver make for a great trip. I do like the sunlight addition as well that place is fantastic, one more decent area in Colorado would be ideal..like maybe Loveland or purgatory.

Also epic is super weak outside of Colorado and tahoe out there.

abc

Other factor is having a friend with a condo at Vail thus free lodging.
Can‘t beat free. :) Same here.

But frankly, I wouldn’t bother with that part of Colorado had it not for the free lodging. It’s crowded, everything is overpriced (food, for example). Trying to ski at a different mountain? You’re in for potential traffic hang up, buses or paid parking (or all three!)

When it snows, it’s great! But then, doesn’t everywhere else? I’m so over the skiing the big name resorts now. If I’m going on a vacation, I don’t want to deal with crowds and traffics.

Kingslug20

Burlington flies direct to Denver...have to try this out sometime...

Kingslug20

Havent skied CO much...those pics of i70 look...bad.
Want try Telluride..meet the guy who made my skis..

thetrailboss

Staff member
Silverton is #1 for me to visit in Colorado
Silverton is a really cool town. Hopefully when you go the roads are not bad. Colorado's "Million Dollar Highway" from Ouray to Silverton is a beast.

Kingslug20

Hoping to do a heli day at Whistler next year.
Maybe hit CO as well..but uts tough to beat JH..my go to place these days.

Zand

Sticking with the Ikon/Indy plan next year. Definitely got burned on both of them this year, but can't be any worse. Feel like I'll be more motivated next winter to get lots of days in.