• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ignore Krusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisingarizona

I just wish every thread didn't devolve into fox news talking points. pre covid there was NO political talk allowed.

now every thread is politics. And the level of political discourse on this website is grade school level. it's not worth engaging in from either side.

and it's clear that several members have joined just to troll about politics.
Yup. Identity politics are silly.

jimmywilson69

I just wish every thread didn't devolve into fox news talking points. pre covid there was NO political talk allowed.

now every thread is politics. And the level of political discourse on this website is grade school level. it's not worth engaging in from either side.

and it's clear that several members have joined just to troll about politics.

Yeah I mean we are all adults here so we shouldn't need hand holding, but such is the internet

Those that have joined just to troll about politics are definitely making this worse. Would it kill a few of you to talk skiing once in a while? Do you actually ski?

I'm a big boy so no one needs banned and I can ignore without using a button. For those that can't, use the button and maybe talk skiing once in a while.

Domeskier

On another forum I go to, I learned the ignore feature has the side effect of removing any threads that person started from your sight. So, even if that person annoys you, they may have started a thread with content you actually want to read but now you can’t. I’d bet it works the same here but not certain.
it works the same way here
Yeah, that makes the feature less useful. Not a big fan of weaponizing bans. If I don't like some poster, I'll just skip their posts. As long as they're not posting personal information or engaging in targeted harassment, I think a ban is overboard. Not sure where the line is, but I don't think anyone has crossed it here.

Hawk

Looks like the heat is over next weekend and then we will see. I am ready now. The couple of extra weeks let me do all my fall clean up and put things away. I have not been this ready for snow in several years.

I am like JimmyWilson says above. No one needs a ban because of hurt feelings.

eatskisleep

Here’s something everyone should be able to agree on regardless of religion, politics, or any other dispositions…Its in bad taste and immature to wish death/extermination upon anyone regardless of whether you agree with them or they are egging you on.

The ignore button is here for a reason and its very easy to make another account so banning has workarounds.
I agree on the first part. But there should be consequences for actions. You can’t yell “fire” in a crowded theater. You shouldn’t be wishing death on someone just because they aren’t far left-wing like you. At minimum his post should have been deleted.

Last edited:

Kingslug20

Temps dropping fast...good snow making temps...maybe they will all open on time.

skiur

I agree on the first part. But there should be consequences for actions. You can’t yell “fire” in a crowded theater. You shouldn’t be wishing death on someone just because they aren’t far left-wing like you.

Yelling fire in a crowded theater could actually hurt people, wishing death on somebody can't. While I wouldn't wish death on someone, it is poor taste, it's not really hurting anyone. If people take offense to some person they will never meet saying bad things to them, maybe they should stay off the internet.

eatskisleep

Yelling fire in a crowded theater could actually hurt people, wishing death on somebody can't. While I wouldn't wish death on someone, it is poor taste, it's not really hurting anyone. If people take offense to some person they will never meet saying bad things to them, maybe they should stay off the internet.
Okay I agree with that to an extent. How about telling someone to kill themselves? Is that taking it too far? We remember the girl from Plainville…

eatskisleep

I’m just saying, maybe Krusty needs to take a few tokes or hits from the bong to chill out! Why would HE get so upset over what granite says. Be the mature adult.

KustyTheKlown

i am not upset.

i also didnt threaten anyone or tell anyone to kill themself.

i also am not 'far left wing'. i am rabidly anti right-wing propagandists taking over our little corner of the skiing internet.

i also did not say what i said because someone else isn't sufficiently 'far left wing' enough for me. i said what i said because someone's entire contribution to this board has been right wing trolling and rudeness to people who see the world differently than he does, while contributing fuck all about skiing. and it is absolutely hilarious that this jan 6 freedom fighter is now crying for censorship.

cdskier

At the same time though, it is a clear violation of the FIRST rule listed for this forum.

Flaming: Posting of any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable local, state, federal or international laws is not allowed.

What's the point of rules if people can just ignore them with no consequences? The only saving grace is that at least Kusty does have some actual ski-related content/comments when he's not making hateful immature comments. Not sure if I've seen much in the way of meaningful skiing related discussions from a couple of the other people he's been arguing with. So at least at the moment some of those other people seem to clearly fall into the troll category/rule.

VTKilarney

i am not upset.

i also didnt threaten anyone or tell anyone to kill themself.

i also am not 'far left wing'. i am rabidly anti right-wing propagandists taking over our little corner of the skiing internet.

i also did not say what i said because someone else isn't sufficiently 'far left wing' enough for me. i said what i said because someone's entire contribution to this board has been right wing trolling and rudeness to people who see the world differently than he does, while contributing fuck all about skiing. and it is absolutely hilarious that this jan 6 freedom fighter is now crying for censorship.

I wasn't thinking about muting you... until I realized that you don't know where the "CAP" key is located.

Last edited:

NYDB

lol at 'far left wing'.

there isn't anyone on here that fits that description.

A far more important issue - Ktk- did you deliberately misspell your name? or was it a mistake when you joined ( probably while high on the marijuanas) ?

KustyTheKlown

lol at 'far left wing'.

there isn't anyone on here that fits that description.

A far more important issue - Ktk- did you deliberately misspell your name? or was it a mistake when you joined ( probably while high on the marijuanas) ?

lol. this is lame and goes back decades.

in jamband culture, a 'custy' or 'customer' is someone who gets ripped off by the 'headier' folks on the scene. so like, on grateful dead tour, some wook would be traveling town to town selling merch or food or drugs or whatever, and overcharging the 'custies'. KustyTheKlown was my name on PhantasyTour, a jamband message board, going back 20 years or more. it was my most common internet moniker so i just used it in other places too. i also used heady_brosevelt for a while, and i had MikeDamone account where i would post outlandish fake ticket scalping offers for phish new years concerts to rile people up. mike damone was the scalper in fast times at ridgemont high.

AdironRider

Frankly, this feels like (as in the case with at least one moderator who has been known to bluntly interject his political opinions to the board as well) this feels like Krusty is getting a pass because they agree with him.

Which, regardless of how I feel about it politically, the rules of the game so to speak can't be selectively enforced. This guy wished for one poster, and implied several others as well, to die and I don't care who you are, that is a fucked up thing to say and shouldn't be tolerated in this community if you ask me.

skiur

Frankly, this feels like (as in the case with at least one moderator who has been known to bluntly interject his political opinions to the board as well) this feels like Krusty is getting a pass because they agree with him.

Which, regardless of how I feel about it politically, the rules of the game so to speak can't be selectively enforced. This guy wished for one poster, and implied several others as well, to die and I don't care who you are, that is a fucked up thing to say and shouldn't be tolerated in this community if you ask me.

I disagree, there is just 0 moderation on this board (which I am not complaining about) and an absentee owner so its kinda like the inmates running the asylum. I agree wishing death on someone is not a good thing but if that's the worst thing that happens this place is pretty tame. (Which it is compared to some other message boards I read.). Somebody wishing death to me on a message board really doesn't bother me and if it bothers someone then they have bigger issues they should be looking into.

KustyTheKlown

I disagree, there is just 0 moderation on this board (which I am not complaining about) and an absentee owner so its kinda like the inmates running the asylum. I agree wishing death on someone is not a good thing but if that's the worst thing that happens this place is pretty tame. (Which it is compared to some other message boards I read.). Somebody wishing death to me on a message board really doesn't bother me and if it bothers someone then they have bigger issues they should be looking into.

especially after doing nothing but slinging shit for months. again, absolutely hilarious when a troll cant handle being trolled back at.

Status
Not open for further replies.