• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

shpride

They could let everyone on the lift without their pass, spread everyone out between their arrival-during breaks-or when they are leaving. I don't think there would be to many people scamming them, if any?
Everyone probably needs a pass for insurance reasons. By having the pass you are acknowledging you are aware of the risks

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
They could let everyone on the lift without their pass, spread everyone out between their arrival-during breaks-or when they are leaving. I don't think there would be to many people scamming them, if any?
I doubt there’s much of a crowd today given the weather.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
We picked up our passes today at noon. There was a line about 20 people deep when we got there and the same size line was there when we left after a few drinks at cannonball around 2
Good I guess just to get the pass on a day like today rather than wait until you want to ski. Imagine what that line would’ve been like if this r@!n had been snow.

Granite1

Cannon-last to open-first to close. From their mountain report tonight:

Sunday: Mild temps with spotty snow/rain showers, Monday: Closed

Hard to believe-closed on Monday??????????

Mainer

Just watching the grinch with the kids, granite 1 is definitely the grinch.

Granite1

Today it was under the guns at Cannon Mountain. From the top of the Zoomer lift and below on Rocket, Gary's, Lower Cannon, Time Zone, and Gremlin (closed), about 100 snow guns were going. I pointed my skis wherever there was a snow gun. Skiers left on Rocket was good at the bell. By 11 am, skiers left on Gary's was even better. The right side of Lower Cannon was good too. I only went to the summit once; no snowmaking and frozen sugar up there. Middle Ravine was decent from the top of the Peabody quad to the snowmaking trails below it. I ended the day with three laps on Time Zone, and I was about the only one skiing it all day. No lift lines, good visibility, and minimal goggle icing from the guns.

Attachments

• IMG_9296.JPG
    IMG_9296.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9298.JPG
    IMG_9298.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9299.JPG
    IMG_9299.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9301.JPG
    IMG_9301.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

Puck it

Today it was under the guns at Cannon Mountain. From the top of the Zoomer lift and below on Rocket, Gary's, Lower Cannon, Time Zone, and Gremlin (closed), about 100 snow guns were going. I pointed my skis wherever there was a snow gun. Skiers left on Rocket was good at the bell. By 11 am, skiers left on Gary's was even better. The right side of Lower Cannon was good too. I only went to the summit once; no snowmaking and frozen sugar up there. Middle Ravine was decent from the top of the Peabody quad to the snowmaking trails below it. I ended the day with three laps on Time Zone, and I was about the only one skiing it all day. No lift lines, good visibility, and minimal goggle icing from the guns.
I beg to differ. Saturday was 100% better than yesterday. It was a tall of two days. We were there at opening and the Big Rink was scraped off at 8:15. Upper Cannon sugar on the very edges but boiler plate in the middle. Tramway was better but not by much. Middle Cannon was its usual self under the lift by 8:30-8:45. There stones on much of the lower trails from the shallow snow depths. We did not go over to Zoomer as we knew what it would be like from the guns on lower Cannon. The last gun on Lower Cannon was blasting wet snow as you were cutting back to Peabody. You had to cover your goggles as they would be completely iced as we found out the first time.

Was can Cannon blow wet snow at 15F? Rhetorical BTW.

There were a number of stand guns on Lower Gremlin that were just blasting out water and making solid ice piles. they needed to aimed higher to get the droplets to fall instead of blasting horizontally into the ice pile. The tower guns were putting out good snow though alas some were aimed very poorly and coating the trees. I heard one gun on Zoomer had a huge icicle hang off it until the snowmaker cam by and adjusted it.

I am planning on going over to see if things changed today.

snoseek

I would like to see at least some upper mtn snowmaking right now. Lower is getting blasted hard

Black Phantom

I beg to differ. Saturday was 100% better than yesterday. It was a tall of two days. We were there at opening and the Big Rink was scraped off at 8:15. Upper Cannon sugar on the very edges but boiler plate in the middle. Tramway was better but not by much. Middle Cannon was its usual self under the lift by 8:30-8:45. There stones on much of the lower trails from the shallow snow depths. We did not go over to Zoomer as we knew what it would be like from the guns on lower Cannon. The last gun on Lower Cannon was blasting wet snow as you were cutting back to Peabody. You had to cover your goggles as they would be completely iced as we found out the first time.

Was can Cannon blow wet snow at 15F? Rhetorical BTW.

There were a number of stand guns on Lower Gremlin that were just blasting out water and making solid ice piles. they needed to aimed higher to get the droplets to fall instead of blasting horizontally into the ice pile. The tower guns were putting out good snow though alas some were aimed very poorly and coating the trees. I heard one gun on Zoomer had a huge icicle hang off it until the snowmaker cam by and adjusted it.

I am planning on going over to see if things changed today.
Still skiing at your beloved Cannon little buddy? 😃