• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Turles are growing

deadheadskier

Staff member
I point and laugh now, but 1987 me riding a Burton Elite 150 with Sorel boots (back when Magic and Stratton were the only places in southern VT that allowed those evil snowboarders) is quite jealous. My 12 year old knees and butt got punished hard. I quickly reverted back to skiing because of it.

Mum skier

After the rain storm/freeze, when several of the lifts had a layer of ice on the chairs I wished I had one of those for some insulation.

Smellytele

I point and laugh now, but 1987 me riding a Burton Elite 150 with Sorel boots (back when Magic and Stratton were the only places in southern VT that allowed those evil snowboarders) is quite jealous. My 12 year old knees and butt got punished hard. I quickly reverted back to skiing because of it.
They are on skis and is it even possible to ride a lift with that on?

drjeff

They are on skis and is it even possible to ride a lift with that on?
I would imagine that just like one is supposed to take their backpacks off when riding a lift, one is supposed to de-turtle before loading a lift.

It's likely only a matter of time until we see something like a "turtle crossing sign" but with say a X through the turtle as one heads into "final approach" to load a lift! :D:D

drjeff

Aren’t they mostly used by beginners?
My on hill turtle sightings have seen a cross section of abilities from say advanced intermediate down to beginner. So I am guessing that's it's as much of an indivdual fashion statement (not unlike the folks you see wearing full body costumes on the hill - I will admit that I don't quite get that either unless it's some themed day at the mountain...) as it may be a functional, padded protection device for others....

jimmywilson69

I really don't understand wearing a sports jersey. Even a hockey sweater provides zero insulation. I agree keep the F away from those types for sure. Unless they're standing still and you can buzz the tower😉

jimk

Occasionally, in the springtime I'll wear an NFL football jersey if I'm feeling particularly festive while skiing. Always with one or two thermal layers underneath. The football jersey is actually a pretty good garment. It seems to have properties for warmth when I'm cool and moisture transfer when I'm perspiring.

BodeMiller1

I never liked skiing with a backpack. Now, I feel meow without one.

When you pack it right you have:

Saftey Gear
Bounce, Bumble like
stash places, including a bottle of let's say hmm Jack Daniels Honey.
stuff

Up with being prepared.

Turtle People, please stop.

"whats this about a weather Report" WBZ Boston

Cornhead

I saw a couple Teletubbies loading a chair at Sugarloaf. They were good costumes. They looked lke the actual Teletubbies on a ski vacation. It was during one if the AZ summits. Batman and Superman were there too. First time I've seen costumes mid winter. Alot of people wear weird shit late spring. Maybe there was some kind of event going on. If there was, I wasn't aware of it.

BodeMiller1

This is why the terrorists don't like our ways. It's also why I won't go to any Fests.

Here's why.

This film is on on a maddening loop.
These cloths don't fit us right and I'm to blame - it's all the same.

You come to me with a phone in your hand, you come with me with positions,
We've been through psychics, collections ,Est fuck all.

I was central I lost my mind I need this, I need this: paperweight, junk garage, Winter Rain, honey pie, it's funny all the lovers have been tagged.

Okay

jimmywilson69

shocked will ferrell GIF by Anchorman Movie