• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sad day at Gunstock

deadheadskier

Staff member
That's a very low level connector type intermediate trail, but it does get skied off and busy. It's not a trail people fly on for the most part. So, she must have just been really unlucky how she hit when she went off the trail. Really sad for the family and those who witnessed it or responded. Just awful

drjeff

That's a very low level connector type intermediate trail, but it does get skied off and busy. It's not a trail people fly on for the most part. So, she must have just been really unlucky how she hit when she went off the trail. Really sad for the family and those who witnessed it or responded. Just awful

Is that the one that makes a bit of a hard right at the bottom of a moderate pitch before heading back towards the main base area/race team building? Been 5 years or so since I last skied at Gunstock, and I semi remember that side of the mountain and I am just trying to recall what the trail layout was like in this absolutely terrible tragedy

Edd

Is that the one that makes a bit of a hard right at the bottom of a moderate pitch before heading back towards the main base area/race team building? Been 5 years or so since I last skied at Gunstock, and I semi remember that side of the mountain and I am just trying to recall what the trail layout was like in this absolutely terrible tragedy
You're pretty much correct.

1674048784516.png

deadheadskier

Staff member
So very sad. I've obviously seen memorials on the side of the road for auto fatalities. Can't recall ever seeing one on the side of a ski trail.

This picture was taken from the Tiger chair. So many people had to have seen this happen.

Tragic

Attachments

• IMG_20230128_123911255.jpg
    IMG_20230128_123911255.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28