• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak Thread (New owners, New Future)

MidnightJester

Last edited:

MidnightJester

Do they speak to whether they are sticking with IndyPass next season?
“No major changes are contemplated to the winter operating plan at Jay Peak,” said PGRI President and CEO Vern Greco. “All existing season passes, pass reciprocity, and multi-resort pass arrangements at Jay, including the Indy Pass, will be honored for the 2022-23 winter season.” This will be the third year for Jay on the Indy Pass.

They seem happy with it and if they number work out in the end of the season I don't see the new owners changing that much since in his video he mentions that Jay peak is the number 1 redeemed resort on the INDY Pass. I don't know if or how mountains get or divide any extra share of money if they have more riders use the INDY pass.

MidnightJester

Missed most of the sign but might caught a notice of it. Jay and peak and a arrow

Whatever weird, wild and shady shit got blow up in the Bomb. Probably a few old owner comments, news and bomb fragments belong there. I got lost in the smoke and HAZE.... cough cough and wanted a Snowy and bright future to talk about Jay peak and the New owners.

hardscrabble

Lol @ "underrated." Jay is great, and definitely not overrated, but the cat's been out of the bag for a while now.

thetrailboss

Staff member
New owners with a bright and snowy future to look forward to.

Thanks for posting. Boy, Steve is looking old. I had not seen that interview. Hoping the best for Jay. Hopefully Burke is soon.

thetrailboss

Staff member
They seem happy with it and if they number work out in the end of the season I don't see the new owners changing that much since in his video he mentions that Jay peak is the number 1 redeemed resort on the INDY Pass. I don't know if or how mountains get or divide any extra share of money if they have more riders use the INDY pass.
That statement came as a big surprise. But Jay historically has had to do a lot to drive traffic to come to them and past pretty much every other ski area in New England that is south of them.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

“No major changes are contemplated to the winter operating plan at Jay Peak,” said PGRI President and CEO Vern Greco. “All existing season passes, pass reciprocity, and multi-resort pass arrangements at Jay, including the Indy Pass, will be honored for the 2022-23 winter season.” This will be the third year for Jay on the Indy Pass.

Yes Indy pays members per redemption

AdironRider

I’ve now skied three days total at Jay and the snow report for each day was 13”, 25”, and 20” of new respectively. The Jay cloud is real and I’m all about it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Back on topic--any word as to what Pacific has in mind for off-season improvements at Jay?

I also found it funny that pretty much every tree run that the guy did in that video review turned into basically bump runs in the woods. If he did his visit in the last month then he is lucky that there was snow. The cover looked pretty grim overall.

MidnightJester

Well the current improvements this day are SNOW, SNOW, and 12" of New SNOW
Jay peak
is the winner of this 2/15/24 SNOW storm :)~

Edd

About Jay and the Indy Pass….I’ve gotta think that Jay’s skier numbers are far higher than the Ragged visits. But Jay is on Indy and Ragged isn’t? I’m missing something.