• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend warrior snow chasing Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and left over Mondays.

MidnightJester

What are you considering? and How do you make the most of the Snow when you have no choice but to ride on the weekends? This weekend is a great weekend almost too good with the late season Nor'easter to hit up the snow. If only you can avoid the crowds the best you can. Leaving and staying away from Main lifts after first lift is key if possible.

Since there is so much snow on all mountains and best of season conditions I am considering a shotgun blast of 3 mountains in VT this Sat-Monday. I usually try to go more north to avoid the easy driving crowds in Southern VT on Saturday's.

Why does this weekend have to have possible "non-snow" on some mountains followed by freezing nights. Come on Elevation grrrrrrr arrrrgggggg
Jay peak(Saturday), Stowe(Sunday), Okemo(Monday) is the current order of the 3 being considered but nothing locked in.
Jay peak has a show trying to see on Saturday night 8pm "Dogs in a pile with Haley Jane" but can reorder mountains as the conditions or drive make best for

Last edited:

ThatGuy

Jay should be great this weekend. Hopefully not too much warmth and rain south of there. I’d stay at Jay for the weekend and hit Okemo/Mt Snow Monday. Mine as well burn a couple days of that 4-Pack.

MidnightJester

lol hayley jane that wook.
Wook's lives matter and I would recommend the band "Dogs in a pile" if you like Jimmy Hendrix, Grateful dead, Phish styles of music. For a newer younger band they play well together with covers and original songs.
234792320_4112886372166612_4743817345319206453_n.jpg

il_300x300.4004981379_jzgh.jpg

Last edited:

crank

Dogs In a Pile are really, really good players. We saw them near home a couple of times.

I would think Jay should be good.

I have been know to take a weekday off here and there, but, sadly, mostly limited to Friday - Sunday. Would go up Thursday eve. but heading west Saturday.

Being an Ikon passholders my wife and I have been skiing mostly Sugarbush and a little Killington. Yes I always find the drive north worth while for bigger hills with better terrain, more snow and lesser crowds.

KustyTheKlown

it does seem like killington and south are getting more snow this storm tho

my tentative plan is killington saturday and magic sunday.

ThatGuy

it does seem like killington and south are getting more snow this storm tho

my tentative plan is killington saturday and magic sunday.
The problem is the more southern mountains are going to get possible rain and warmup Friday. Jay should escape all that. Killi and south is definitely getting significantly more snow though.

djd66

Josh Fox just tweeted he expects over 2 feet by the time this is over in the Mad River Valley,.. I hope he's right!

MidnightJester

So this weekend is shaping up to be a real Weekend warrior type of weekend. A "Major" mid-week snow dump (2ft-4ft) OH-boy and "Unsettled" weather for the beginning of the weekend with some wet and mixed precipitation. Then a artic/cold front dropping on top of the weekend to freeze things over. Where are people choosing as their targets?

Jay Peak (Saturday) -- Hoping for cold and snow
Stowe (Sunday) -- Should grab a couple fresh inches by then on top of the frozen terrain
Snow or Okemo (Monday) -- Sunny and warmer to make terrain softer hopefully by before noon.

Last edited:

BodeMiller1

I can go where no one ever goes.
I can know things no one else can know.
I ski odd inclined at night.