• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowforecast.com's NEW Website

WinnChill

AZ'ers,

It's up! Snowforecast.com's
brand new website is up and running just in time for the new season! Along with our custom resort weather forecasts, we now have a TON of new (and still free ) content to help direct skiers and boarders to the best snow! Here's just a partial list:

• Snow Reports--both official reports from our partner Snocountry and user submitted reports
  • Customized Forecast Snowfall Alerts (the only weather site to feature this!)
  • Forum
  • All sorts of new interactive weather maps and information
  • Classifieds

There's really too much to mention here so feel free to hop over to the site and check it out! Site owner Chris Manly has worked very hard this past year to include as many suggestions as possible from viewers like you. We are still working out some known issues and will have those ironed out soon. We would love to hear what you think about it.

I hope you're as excited about the new season as we are!

Thanks,
WinnChill
New England Forecaster

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
It looks great, I really look foward to using your website to get many powder days this winter.

Puck it

Snow alerts are not working. I get an error that tells to me put in snow amount and timeframe and they were selected. I was on Cannon and wanted 4" and 24 hours.

WinnChill

Snow alerts are not working. I get an error that tells to me put in snow amount and timeframe and they were selected. I was on Cannon and wanted 4" and 24 hours.

Ok, thanks for the heads up--I'll pass it along. All of the new features are still getting spun up and should be ironed out soon. I'm still trying to get through the member login info. We'll post updates here and on our Facebook page as things get cleared up...please bear with us. Despite some growing pains with a new website, we hope everyone can see all of the cool additions to our site!

Thanks!
WC

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Good job guys! I see some navigation is a little tricky but overall looks good! Registered and will play around more later.

Having gone through a massive site redesign this summer ourselves, I feel your pain :)

I still have a few wonky sections here .... webcams aren't working fully; the Gear page is still the old site, some redirects still outstanding, the weather page here needs flushing out and Puck_It still can't post pictures hahaha

bobbutts

Language drop down should indicate "English" and not "Select Language".. that's directing the majority of your users to mess with it when it's not necessary.

Table format is messed up in chrome Version 22.0.1229.79:
2012-10-03_131211.jpg

There are Broken images on satellite weather section

WinnChill

Good job guys! I see some navigation is a little tricky but overall looks good! Registered and will play around more later.

Having gone through a massive site redesign this summer ourselves, I feel your pain :)

I still have a few wonky sections here .... webcams aren't working fully; the Gear page is still the old site, some redirects still outstanding, the weather page here needs flushing out and Puck_It still can't post pictures hahaha

I hear ya Nick! Thanks. Yeah, we'll be spending the rest of the offseason smoothing out the rough edges. I can appreciate those in the trenches with this programming stuff...I was on the outside looking in. :)

WinnChill

Language drop down should indicate "English" and not "Select Language".. that's directing the majority of your users to mess with it when it's not necessary.

Thanks Bobbutts!

WinnChill

Since international resorts are now included, the viewer can adjust the language that suits them best--it doesn't affect what other viewers see. Is that what you were referring to?
Satellite images should be updating now too. Also, the Snow Report table does extend a bit further across the margin a bit but we can adjust that--unless there is more going on than I am seeing through Firefox and IE. Just FYI to everyone and probably goes without saying, but those snow reports are just samples of what will be available.

Puck it

sn30.png
Columbus Day Forecast for ~4000 at Cannon!!!!!!!

WinnChill

sn30.png
Columbus Day Forecast for ~4000 at Cannon!!!!!!!

I prefer Billski's version of 5 days straight of 100%! :)

Anyways, yes, snow levels drop through Sunday (mainly late) to about summit levels...~4000-5000ft...with the next weak system sliding by Sunday night. Could see a summit coating to a few inches for Cannon through Bretton/Wildcat and Sunday/Sugarloaf Sunday night....a summit coating to an inch or two possible for K-ton . Not too much moisture to work with though. Snow levels dip a bit more Monday but we should be drying out then.

With our focus on the new site launch, I haven't had much time to look at charts or prep an official forecast. Besides, I'm also still testing out our new editing platform and need some time to make sure I can post everything correctly. Thanks for your patience everyone!

-WC

WinnChill

Just a quick update--with continued adjustments, the site is running faster now. Plus, the home page was tweaked (forecast and resort selection boxes) to offer easier mobile viewing. Improvements continue, plus app development is in progress! Follow updates here too.

Thanks,
WC