• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Powder Mag Annual Gear Guide arrived Today

gostan

In my mail box today was my copy of Powder Mag annual gear guide. This means that the 2013-14 ski season is just around the corner.

Major article on The Future of Snow and climate change. With a quote on page 102 like "only four of the major 14 ski resorts in New England will be economically viable by 2100" we had all better get out and enjoy the upcoming 2013-14 ski season, which cannot be too far away now. The article is a very interesting read, but I will have been dead and gone by about 70 +\- years by 2100 so I am not going to use any of my few remaining brain cells worrying about that.:spin:

gostan

Okay what new equipment is rated high but i can't afford and won't get?
Wow, there is even an under 100 width ski category this year. A lot of AT equipment for sure. But, as usual, even though it is wonderful to see some pics and reviews of this years new skis, we all need to demo before buying. My favorite at Summit Ski's March demo day at Loon last season was the Rossignol Soul 7.

Edd

Wow, there is even an under 100 width ski category this year. A lot of AT equipment for sure. But, as usual, even though it is wonderful to see some pics and reviews of this years new skis, we all need to demo before buying. My favorite at Summit Ski's March demo day at Loon last season was the Rossignol Soul 7.

Haven't skied it but I remember thinking last season when I saw pics that that is a damn fine looking ski.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Best day of the summer!

In my mail box today was my copy of Powder Mag annual gear guide. This means that the 2013-14 ski season is just around the corner.

Major article on The Future of Snow and climate change. With a quote on page 102 like "only four of the major 14 ski resorts in New England will be economically viable by 2100" we had all better get out and enjoy the upcoming 2013-14 ski season, which cannot be too far away now. The article is a very interesting read, but I will have been dead and gone by about 70 +\- years by 2100 so I am not going to use any of my few remaining brain cells worrying about that.:spin:

Yeah, major downer of an article for sure!

wa-loaf

My favorite at Summit Ski's March demo day at Loon last season was the Rossignol Soul 7.

Got to demo this in a foot of fresh last spring. It's going to be my next ski as soon as I can afford/rationalize it ...

gostan

Got to demo this in a foot of fresh last spring. It's going to be my next ski as soon as I can afford/rationalize it ...
i never got to ski the Soul 7 in pow but I was surprised at how well a 106 held on the hardpack @ Loon. I did get to run it through5 or 6 inches of manmade, so I know that it will be bitchin' in the deeper stuff. & it should mate well with my Outland 87.

twinplanx

I hope my magazines will arrive soon. I got a years subscription to Surfing for 10 bucks & they threw in Powder for another 7 bucks...

Hawkshot99

Skied the Soul 7 on a hard pack day. Was not very happy when my rep handed them to me, but decided to humor him. Was shocked at how they were on hardpack. Would never want them as my everyday ski, but I really want a set. Just hard to justify them when I already have some fatties, and dont ski a ton of powder. Plus I need some new race skis.

gostan

I hope my magazines will arrive soon. I got a years subscription to Surfing for 10 bucks & they threw in Powder for another 7 bucks...
When did you place the order? It can take up to 8 weeks for print mags to deliver after ordering. My subscription to print mag is multi-year long term. But, I also have a Powder digital subscription that I purchased on special last year but my digital copy has yet to show up. The combo of my IPad reading & bathroom reading gives me the time to read all cover to cover. I do the same with Time mag.

Puck it

The K2 boot ad was hilarious.

also, the last trip to Summit County and staying in Frisco we had beers at the Moosejaw. Great bar and cheap beer.

twinplanx

When did you place the order? It can take up to 8 weeks for print mags to deliver after ordering. My subscription to print mag is multi-year long term. But, I also have a Powder digital subscription that I purchased on special last year but my digital copy has yet to show up. The combo of my IPad reading & bathroom reading gives me the time to read all cover to cover. I do the same with Time mag.
last week or two... I can live without the gear guide, just need some bathroom reading material myself. Plus the stoke factor alone from few good pics/articles should be worth $17 of inspiration ;-)

gostan

last week or two... I can live without the gear guide, just need some bathroom reading material myself. Plus the stoke factor alone from few good pics/articles should be worth $17 of inspiration ;-)
you will likely receive the gear issue and the follow up issue togetherness month. You got a good deal but you will be surfing instead of skiing in the bathroom for another few weeks.
:daffy::daffy:

Cannonball

There are actual paid subscriptions? My biggest challenge is to make all these print magazines STOP coming to me. I occasionally make the mistake of giving my address out at some ski show for a raffle or something. Then I get deluged by Ski, Skiiing, Powder, Working Mother, etc, etc for years and years.

Puck it

There are actual paid subscriptions? My biggest challenge is to make all these print magazines STOP coming to me. I occasionally make the mistake of giving my address out at some ski show for a raffle or something. Then I get deluged by Ski, Skiiing, Powder, Working Mother, etc, etc for years and years.

You forgot your Better Housekeeping and Woman's Day subscriptions!!!

gostan

Ski & Skiing are free for me. But, I pay for Powder & see no reason to not support them.