• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf has been pretty busy this summer

Huck_It_Baby

I really need to get to SL this season...it looks pretty awesome.

I wonder if they have to adhere to conservation regulations when clearing Bracket Basin and beyond?

Smellytele

Hoping to trying the loaf this year! 3.5 hours of driving better be great!

It can be but as always weather dictates. Hope you are staying up there and not driving 7 hrs in a day. I see last year you were up at Saddleback which isn't that much closer and skied SB and the crotch on the same day.

steamboat1

Those who complain about 2-4 hr. drives make me laugh. It's 7 or more hrs. for me to get up to the loaf. Been there at least a 1/2 dozen times but always for 5 days or more.

skiahman

4-5 hrs up every Friday night, 4-5 hrs back every Sunday night.......long and exhausting but oh sooooooooooooooooo worth it

dlague

It can be but as always weather dictates. Hope you are staying up there and not driving 7 hrs in a day. I see last year you were up at Saddleback which isn't that much closer and skied SB and the crotch on the same day.

We skied Saturday, comp ticket, (very cold) stayed over night at a friends condo (free but paid for food) and got up to Ski with Management (no cost) on Sunday then packed it in and 231 miles later got a couple of hours in at Crotched Mountain using their 3-5 lift ticket before the Super Bowl party started. It was a fun challenge!

I do want to try Sugarloaf!

snowmonster

Those who complain about 2-4 hr. drives make me laugh. It's 7 or more hrs. for me to get up to the loaf. Been there at least a 1/2 dozen times but always for 5 days or more.

4-5 hrs up every Friday night, 4-5 hrs back every Sunday night.......long and exhausting but oh sooooooooooooooooo worth it

I day trip this place at least thrice a season.

4.5 hours on the way up. Ski from 9 to 430. Bag burger and a beer. On the road by 530 and in the apartment by 1030. Shower then SNL at 1130. Definitely worth it.

I'll miss the Loaf.

steamboat1

Been there done that for far to many years. Fortunately don't have to anymore. The drive is still the same but it doesn't have to start Fri. after work & end Sun afternoon.

bzrperfspec77

Sugarloaf became my favorite mountain when I got up there for 3 days the weekend after new years (opening week of bracket basin last year). I will make it up there at least once a season every year!

C-Rex

I'm so psyched for the Loaf this year! I just started planning a trip for my ski club and I've gotten some really nice rates from their group sales guy, Jarod. I used to do a week long trip every year but it's been about 5 years since the last. I'm dying to check out Bracket Basin. Totally worth the drive, and with the low prices they have on lodging its fairly easy to do at least a weekend.

vinnyv11

Bracket Basin was awesome. By far my favorite portion of the mountain. Its a hell of a drive from PA but since I roped in the other mountains and days it was worth it. Hope to hit the summitt this year so I can see the mountain from the locals perspective.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
It's always a good time, Sugarloaf really sets us up very nicely. I realize it's not the best location for PA / NJ / NY residents but if you can swing it, I would highly recommend.

Last year, they gave pretty competitive rates to "extend" the summit as well, so if you wanted to come on a Wed or Thur and stay a few extra nights, they are usually pretty accommodating to make that happen at a reasonable price.

snowmonster

Maybe someday, I will ski the Loaf again. Perhaps that will be in 2020 when all the developments on Burnt will be complete. Then, I will be one of those old farts riding the new Burnt Mountain Express with my "Sugarloafer since 2005" sticker (I would have old school cred by then) and my antique Rossi S7s saying: "You kids nowadays are soft. When we were young, we used to hike for two hours over the saddle to get to Burnt Mountain! And we had holes in our boots and potatoes in our pockets!" Until then, rip up the Loaf for me, boys! Give my best to the backside snowfields!

C-Rex

I'm amazed at the progress they have made cutting those glades. When is the lift supposed to go in?