• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best ski Hostel's

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
Yes, ski clubs are really the way to go. This is especially true in New Hampshire where there are about 20 affiliated clubs (www.eicsl.org) all located in the Mt Washington Valley. Lodging rates vary, but generally are free for full members of that club, $15 for members of other EICSL clubs, and $25 for guests. Meals are usually $15 for dinner and $5 for breakfast.

The EICSL clubs are really well organized. They have race days with discounted tickets, organized socials, and multi-day trips with some of the best rates around. Their early season trip to Jay Peak even includes an unlimited season pass for less than the cost of buying the pass alone.

Great, thanks for the tip!

twinplanx

That is why I like my Honda for sleeping just need to get a very warm sleeping bag this winter.

I, for one, get MUCH better rest in a bed vs. a car. A warm bed, in a clean room, with other like minded people sure beats a small cold vehicle.

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

ScottySkis

I, for one, get MUCH better rest in a bed vs. a car. A warm bed, in a clean room, with other like minded people sure beats a small cold vehicle.

+1 yes having like minded people to split hotel cost is huge and in the past I have, but if I solo and not to freezing out I sleep in the car, besides most of time if I not in my bed I don't sleep expensive hotel or cheap Super 8 so if not sleeping I rather not pay for hotel bed when I could have been in car listening to cd s.

twinplanx

+1 yes having like minded people to split hotel cost is huge and in the past I have, but if I solo and not to freezing out I sleep in the car, besides most of time if I not in my bed I don't sleep expensive hotel or cheap Super 8 so if not sleeping I rather not pay for hotel bed when I could have been in car listening to cd s.

At least get an mp3 player... lol

twinplanx

Mp3 users just a bit less battery power, that could come in handy for those cold cranks...

yeggous

+1. I can't imagine sleeping in the car, especially in winter.

It would be helpful if someone had some leads on ski clubs in northern Maine (Sugarloaf / Saddleback area) or throughout Vermont. I know there are numerous clubs throughout Vermont, but my understanding is that they are not well organized like the New Hampshire clubs. Instead they tend to be owned by local clubs from cities in CT, NY, and NJ. In contrast the EICSL clubs in New Hampshire all draw their membership from a broad region throughout RI, the Boston area, and into southern NH.

steamboat1

It would be helpful if someone had some leads on ski clubs in northern Maine (Sugarloaf / Saddleback area) or throughout Vermont. I know there are numerous clubs throughout Vermont, but my understanding is that they are not well organized like the New Hampshire clubs. Instead they tend to be owned by local clubs from cities in CT, NY, and NJ. In contrast the EICSL clubs in New Hampshire all draw their membership from a broad region throughout RI, the Boston area, and into southern NH.

Most ski clubs are pretty well organized but individual ski clubs are just the beginning. Most clubs belong to what are called ski councils. There are ski councils made up of numerous clubs in just about every state. Perhaps you should look at ski councils & then find a club near you that owns/rents a lodge near to where you're most interested in skiing. In New Jersey there is the New Jersey Ski Council, in NY it's called the Metropolitan Ski Council, in Connecticut it's the Connecticut Ski Council. I know there's a council in PA to just don't know the name. I'm sure there must be a ski council in MA. to. Perhaps that would be a good place to start your search. My club belongs to both the Met Ski Council & NJ Ski Council. Besides reasonably priced lodging most ski clubs also have access to the bulk discount lift tickets offered by most ski areas. There not as good a deal as they once were but can still save you a bunch of money. All the bulk tickets I know are good anytime, no blackout dates for holidays or peak periods. Another advantage to these tickets is you can usually return unused tickets at the end of the season & get another for the following season for only a small handling fee & any increase in the bulk ticket price. Some areas limit the amount of tickets they allow to be returned, some as low as 20% but others have no restrictions. It's wise to purchase only as many as you think you'll use. Another advantage is discount lift tickets offered by ski areas on certain days called ski club appreciation or awareness days. Some very good deals offered to ski clubs belonging to ski councils. For example Stowe offers discounts for 1-5 days every month of the ski season. Multi day tickets come out to less than $35 a day & a single day ticket is $46 I believe. For Stowe that is some deal. Quite a few of the major resorts throughout NY, VT, & NH also offer numerous discount days throughout the season. Anyway good luck in your search.

Last edited:

quiglam1

Thanks I might stay here what price range.?

last year it was 20$/night for a bunk and 25$/night for a private room upstairs. Folks that run it are super nice and ski patrollers. Ed's Beds 518-251-2937 or 315-724-2684, Rte. 28 Wevertown,NY

twinplanx

last year it was 20$/night for a bunk and 25$/night for a private room upstairs. Folks that run it are super nice and ski patrollers. Ed's Beds 518-251-2937 or 315-724-2684, Rte. 28 Wevertown,NY

How far from the hill? I imagine less then 20 minutes...

quiglam1

There is another hostel in North Creek, "Heads in Beds" and they have a FB page. A little more expensive and you have to eat out - no cooking.

twinplanx

Nice, thanks for the quick response. I just looked on a map. IIRC, The Weavrtown General Store is that renovated church across from Murphy lumber, or is that a ski shop? 10 minutes + an on-site kitchen, you say? is very attractive...

quiglam1

Ed's is near the junction of Rte. 8/Rte. 28 at 2352 State Route 28. Across from Beaver Brook Outfitters, which is a renovated church.