• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Opening dates

Smellytele

I know Nick already posted this in the news for VT But what about other states:

Tentative Opening Dates:

• Killington Resort: October 25, 2013 for passholders & October 26, 2013 for public
  • Okemo Mountain Resort: Saturday, November 16, 2013
  • Stowe Mountain Resort: Saturday, November 23, 2013
  • Sugarbush Resort: Saturday, November 23, 2013
  • Stratton Mountain: Wednesday, November 27, 2013
  • Burke Mountain: Thanksgiving Week
  • Jay Peak Resort: Thanksgiving Week
  • Mount Snow Resort: Thanksgiving Week
  • Bromley Mountain: Friday, November 29, 2013
  • Smugglers’ Notch Resort: Friday, November 29, 2013
  • Magic Mountain: Friday, December 13, 2013
  • Bolton Valley: Saturday, December 14, 2013
  • Mad River Glen: Saturday, December 14, 2013 (earlier if possible)
  • Middlebury College Snow Bowl: Saturday, December 14, 2013
  • Pico Mountain: Saturday, December 14, 2013

dlague

The resorts in NH that have published it in some shape or form!

Waterville 11/23
Gunstock 12/6
Pats Peak 12/6
King Pine 12/13
Wildcat - 11/30
Cranmore 11/30

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I generally don't track opening dates, but decided to write something for the Ski Mad World blog in order to underline the great start to the season.

Killington, Sunday River, Woodbury, Bretton Woods for today only ... and now Mont St-Sauveur for today and tomorrow...then F-S-S if the weather is right.

MSS has opened for the 3rd time in the last 5 Octobers.

I don't recall the last time the East has had 5 ski areas spinning in October.

Anyhow, here is my piece with a list of North America ski areas that have already spun in 2013-14.

[h=2]October jumps to the ski season[/h]http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2013/10/30/october-jumps-to-the-ski-season/

slatham

Bromley is shooting for Saturday November 23rd. I think with Thanksgiving so late they are going for the weekend before. I hope the weather cooperates for all. We will be at Bromley for Thanksgiving!THINK SNOW!

SIKSKIER

This surprized me.Saddleback has a planned opening of Dec 21st which is about when almost every other ski area in the east and southeast would be running by.

xwhaler

This surprized me.Saddleback has a planned opening of Dec 21st which is about when almost every other ski area in the east and southeast would be running by.

Yes, this is pretty common for them. I think they would rather just not try and directly compete with Sugarloaf for limited skier visits early in December. 12/21 does seem a week later than normal however. I know the winter of '09-10 we rented on Rangeley Lake and had passes they didn't open until Dec 19th. We ended up driving to Sugarloaf for 2 days since we had the rental starting Thanksgiving wknd.
It's certainly cold enough up there to make the snow but just so few ppl they would rather hold off. They do go wknds only usually until May 1st or so so the back end of the season is usually pretty good.