• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 11-11-2013

Bostonian

Date Skied: 11-11-2013

Resort or Ski Area: Killington, VT

Conditions: Machine Groomed, Man made

Trip Report: After dropping off my son at daycare and a 2 and a half hour driver up to K-Mart, I arrived a little after 10:30 for what would be my first time out in 7 Months and one day after my ski accident. Needless to say I happily took to the snow again! I met up with Puckit early on and we split a 2fer ticket. Today wasn't about speed, it wasn't about form, nor was it about the bumps. Today was just about me getting back on the snow and let me tell you, I loved every second of it. Killington had top to bottom, with beautiful conditions on Rime, Reason, and upper double dipper. You could also make your way to snowdown and ski down mouse trap, bunny buster and great northern. All in all a short day but a very very good day out. Here are some pictures for your viewing enjoyment!

Summit:
1424434_10151776763747963_554675728_n.jpg

Reason/Rime:
1460267_10151776761542963_161844178_n.jpg

Rime:
1461072_10151776762097963_1769328099_n.jpg

One happy camper!
1463741_10151776948462963_428600979_n.jpg

One parting shot:
IMG_0110.JPG

Puck it

Thanks for the split for my daughter. It saved me the hassle of finding someone. Glad you had fun.

dlague

Crying inside sad I did not make it! We had a college visit yesterday that got canceled the day before but our son never checked his email! Grrrrrrr!

Bostonian

Thanks for the split for my daughter. It saved me the hassle of finding someone. Glad you had fun.

My pleasure! I am glad I could help out a fellow AZ'er... I am just very happy to have been able to get out there yesterday. Already planning for my next trip in a couple of weeks! Man it was great to get out there though!

octopus

i looked at your first pic quickly and thought i was in it, but wrong board. guess somebody had the same jacket as me up there monday, but i never saw him. nice report, conditions were pretty good but it seemed like people were falling down everywhere later in the day.

Watatic Skier

I find it interesting that they banned jumping outside of the park for early season, I can see why. Has killington always done this and do they enforce it very well?

deadheadskier

Staff member
There appeared to be a lot of ambassadors all over the hill standing near high traffic intersections. I don't recall hearing them shout out at people to slow down, but maybe they did.

It was definitely a bowling alley in certain areas.

Bostonian

i looked at your first pic quickly and thought i was in it, but wrong board. guess somebody had the same jacket as me up there monday, but i never saw him. nice report, conditions were pretty good but it seemed like people were falling down everywhere later in the day.

I noticed that too, I saw someone with a sling around their arm, and then another person on a sled. Rough day for some out there, and my thoughts go out to them.

octopus

that no jumping sign is kinda funny, unless you stopped and read it you would never know. also there were 2 jumps right under the gondola at the bottom that were open most of the day.

bdfreetuna

That's awesome, I'll be up there this weekend for sure!

What's jibbing? Does that mean I can't ski backwards for a bit and other sorts of hot doggery?

C-Rex

I know there's some spots where it's unsafe to be jumping but to lay down a blanket ban outside the park is a bit ridiculous. If I got my pass pulled for popping off a roller or a little side hit I'd be seriously pissed.