• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Opening day 11/29/13

Cannonball

I have a couple of days in so far this year, but I was still really looking forward to Cannon's opening day. The wacky weather of the past 72 hrs definitely had all bets off and expectations pretty low. But all things considered, they really pulled it off. It was one of the best season openers for Cannon that I can remember. There were 4 ways down and 2 lifts. Although all of this was low vert stuff, it still was a good decision to spread the people out laterally on the mountain instead of packing them into a longer strip of vert. The snowmaking improvements were pretty obvious.

Still, it was only 4 short runs on 99% manmade and there was plenty of turkey and beer back in the fridg. So it was a good day...but it was a short one.

OpenDay.jpg

ski.jpg

Bumpsis

Cannonball, thanks for the report from one of my favorite mountains. I sure hope that this good opening is a sign of a great season to come.
What device generated the stats below the picture?