• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

injury situation and colorado trip advice

Severance

so i slid off a rail at sunapee this weekend and really jammed my wrist. well both wrists but only bad on the left. also my head (yay helmets!) and knocked the wind outta me which was the worst part haha. wrist is really swollen and painful but sounds like its not broken. i'm waiting to hear docs opinion but nurse said she didnt see anything on xrays. i have a waterproof case for my phone i (used to) strap to my forearm (bicep from now on!) so i think my phone slammed onto the top of my wrist as it bent back and that might be what the real problem is. i was told 4-6 weeks recovery time. problem is, i have a trip to telluride and crested butte at the beginning of march. its my first real vaca in 5 years and my first trip boarding out west. needless to say, i am not cancelling.

its on the short side of recovery time but if its not broken, i think i should be ok by then and am planning on wearing a brace of some sort regardless of how it feels just to be shielded if i land on it somehow but figured id come to the vets for any advice you may have on ways to protect it.

i am also looking for any advice on good runs, food, bars, etc at either resort or town. i am stupidly excited about this trip. the mountains look amazing!
Thanks!

Plan on going I think. You have what? 4-5 weeks until the trip? That's within your recovery time.

Rest easy and don't push it. I would definitely go.

moresnow

its on the short side of recovery time but if its not broken, i think i should be ok by then and am planning on wearing a brace of some sort regardless of how it feels just to be shielded if i land on it somehow but figured id come to the vets for any advice you may have on ways to protect it.

Maybe some wrist guards instead of a brace. Would probably provide more protection.

Severance

I will def be buying those or something similar. I'm guessing that should be enough protection by then. It's sometimes hard to judge how long it will take to heal when you've just injured it haha. Thx for the advice