• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Unbelievable!

jimk

Could it be a reflection of underlying resentment over "gentrification" of a formerly ethnic neighborhood? That's a very stong dynamic in the part of Wash DC where I work. Eventually it pushes longtime residents out to make way for yuppies. Good in some ways, bad in others? Reminds me in a reverse sort of way how some country folks hate to see a new Walmart go in even though it would bring great shopping bargains. It also kills off all the long time mom and pop stores in the surrounding rural area.

bvibert

Staff member
..some country folks hate to see a new Walmart go in even though it would bring great shopping bargains. It also kills off all the long time mom and pop stores in the surrounding rural area.

That, I agree with.

Mapnut

Clearly gentrification is the issue, for example my son lives in a mixed neighborhood of Brooklyn where they're very concerned about rising rents. But I think Trader Joeses are nice and not at all expensive.

On that same web site: "Why Does Ancient Art Contain Depictions of Flying Aircraft, Helicopters and Dinosaurs?"

planb420

I think the headline is intentionally inflammatory.

I work in the "Industry"....thats EXACTLY how you get readers/viewers. The key is to be polarizing, piss off some and unite others and then sit back and pull the strings when necessary. Ugly biz but its what makes the doughnuts as they say...

gmcunni

I work in the "Industry"....thats EXACTLY how you get readers/viewers. The key is to be polarizing, piss off some and unite others and then sit back and pull the strings when necessary. Ugly biz but its what makes the doughnuts as they say...

Nick will be spicing up the AlpineZone news blasts from now on

Mapnut

He could start by changing the title of a certain recent thread to "Amateur Meteorologist Accused of Storm Speculation!"

legalskier

Is this for real or a joke?

Actually, it's Alex Jones' Infowars.com.

44888215.jpg

snoseek

I don't even see why Trader Joes is a white thing, the food is good and a lot of stuff they sell is super competitive....then again whenever I go yeah, its mostly white people.

snoseek

OMFG the comment section on that article has some real doozies. That site is shit from what I can see!

pure race baiting troll journalism

as to the underlying issue...it's a black neighborhood, the people don't want the store, so it's not being built, end of story

oddly, in philly, the AA neighborhoods complain about a lack of food stores

fwiw i would love a popeye's in my neighborhood...that's some good fried chicken

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Yep. It is ugly.

It's like Facebook, you notice recently everyone is sharing and posting this stuff from Upworthy and similar sites with teaser headlines that are specifically designed to get you to click.

I can't say I'm entirely immune as AZ is also prey to traffic and visits, but it's how it works.