• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking for some advice

catherine

Going to Killington next week for the first time. Any suggestions on best place to park? Plan to arrive early. Need to pick up tickets at either Ramshead or Snowshed. Best place for lunch? Any advice appreciated :-D

4aprice

I park at Rams Head a lot because my daughter works out of that lodge but its still not bad and has easy access to the main base. Probably the least amount of walking from car to lodge.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

bobbutts

If you boot up at your car, park up above the rams head lodge and ski down.

If some guy asks you to compete in a ski-off, you should say no.

steamboat1

Either Bear or Skyeship are usually the least crowded & offer easy access to the base lodge & lift. As for on mountain eats the new Peak Lodge has good offerings. Another good eating spot is the Sunrise Cafe located at the base of the Sunrise chairlift. On weekends I would avoid the Killington access road. If you're going during a non holiday weekday it's all good.

edit: If you need to go to Ramshead or Snowshed for rentals & lessons then that's what you have to do.

Last edited:

C-Rex

I agree with parking at Ramshead. It's a good place to start off with some fun intermediate and beginner runs and it's fairly easy to get back there at the end of the day.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I don't know why but thinking back I always always parked at Snowshed. I think because coming down the mountain you can get to that lot from just about anywhere. Although I think Ramshead offers the same , so I don't really know why I did that. Probably just grew up parking there when my parents use to shuttle us back and forth.

catherine

Thanks for the advice. I have tickets to Jay Peak and tickets to Killington. Reservation for one night. Think it's doable to ski Jay the first day (approx. 3 hour drive from home), travel to Killington for the night and then ski Killington the second day?

MadMadWorld

Thanks for the advice. I have tickets to Jay Peak and tickets to Killington. Reservation for one night. Think it's doable to ski Jay the first day (approx. 3 hour drive from home), travel to Killington for the night and then ski Killington the second day?

Definitely.

C-Rex

I don't know what kind of skiing you do, but if you like glades and bumps, you might want to find a hot tub to sit in for a while the night in between. A day in the woods at Jay can really take it out of you. Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Have fun!!