• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Don't watch if you like mountain creek

St. Jerry

I went on a Friday night afterwork. It was better than not going skiing.

Wavewheeler

It was going well until the subtitles just..stopped. :(

It's true..48 Trails and maybe 3 blacks. Last time I was there only one was open and it hardly qualifies as a "black". The walk from the parking lot is ridiculous. They have that awful "Cabriolet" faux gondola where you have to take off your skis and STAND up for the 2 seconds it takes to go up and back down the mountain. WTF is that? :thumbdown: My daughter and I went there last year because college students got free lift and rentals and we agreed to never go back. And we went during the week. I wouldn't go near that place on a weekend.

Worst of all...Their chili STINKS. No ski resort should have bad chili! :-x That's inexcusable.

I guess if it's your local hill it's better than nothing but it's a 90 minute-2 hour drive to Mountain Creek for me so I might as well drive the extra time/distance to the Poconos or better yet, the Catskills.

mriceyman

It was going well until the subtitles just..stopped. :(

It's true..48 Trails and maybe 3 blacks. Last time I was there only one was open and it hardly qualifies as a "black". The walk from the parking lot is ridiculous. They have that awful "Cabriolet" faux gondola where you have to take off your skis and STAND up for the 2 seconds it takes to go up and back down the mountain. WTF is that? :thumbdown: My daughter and I went there last year because college students got free lift and rentals and we agreed to never go back. And we went during the week. I wouldn't go near that place on a weekend.

Worst of all...Their chili STINKS. No ski resort should have bad chili! :-x That's inexcusable.

I guess if it's your local hill it's better than nothing but it's a 90 minute-2 hour drive to Mountain Creek for me so I might as well drive the extra time/distance to the Poconos or better yet, the Catskills.

This^

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ERJ-145CA

One thing I do know is I had fun there today. It was mid-winter conditions and hardly anyone there. They still have a ton of snow.

Domeskier

I do not like MC, but if Grand Prix really did have icy "death mogals" the size of "vw Beatles," I would consider getting a season pass there.

ScottySkis

It is nice that is close to were i live during snow storms i can get their saftley like i did a few months ago and skied in two feet of natural snow that was my best day their ever. During weekends mid winter i do avoid the plaace.

Wavewheeler

One thing I do know is I had fun there today. It was mid-winter conditions and hardly anyone there. They still have a ton of snow.

Almost any place is good midweek..that's why it's the only time I ski (and hike, camp, kayak, go to the beach, etc). Impressed they still have snow. Down here the snow has been gone for weeks.

ERJ-145CA

Almost any place is good midweek..that's why it's the only time I ski (and hike, camp, kayak, go to the beach, etc). Impressed they still have snow. Down here the snow has been gone for weeks.
The bulk of my skiing is mid-week, weekends are for skiing with the kids. I get a lot of weekdays off with my job, so it's perfect. As you know fun activities are much more enjoyable and errands are easier on weekdays.
It looked like the trails have a good 18" - 36", there is even natural snow still left in the woods, though not enough to ski. Even my yard still has some patches of snow in it.

Wavewheeler

I'm lucky in that I can make my own schedule and take Thursdays and Fridays off and even an occasional Wednesday. It's so crowded EVERYWHERE on weekends, especially after Memorial Day weekend that I've become obsessed with avoiding them.

Here on the shore (central part) there's no real snow. Got about an inch last night. Ironically South Jersey got hit harder than than we did in the last 2 storms. And here I'm making plans to go camping/kayaking in the Pines in a few weeks.

With the lousy weather forecast for this weekend and a warming trend forecast and no $$ to head up to New England, I might be looking at the end my ski season but at least I had a great time skiing up in Vermont last week.

I'm thinking *maybe* a trip to Hunter might happen in April. We'll see.... I'll bring my hiking stuff too, just in case. ;)

ScottySkis

It now Action Park and their adding this neat item for this summer.
10312768_10152179090401938_6493123670914230116_n.jpg