• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Closings 2014

BenedictGomez

Smuggler's Notch hasnt announced it yet, but they're going to "reopen" Madonna for the weekend of April 12th/13th.

So for those keeping score at home.

Morse - Closed April 6th.
Madonna - Closed April 6th. Will reopen for the 12th and 13th.
Sterling - Running to April 20th.

Domeskier

Is Sundown really closed for the season? Can I still hike Gunny or did they mow it down already? Looks like it'll be Hunter for me this weekend.

dlague

Smuggler's Notch hasnt announced it yet, but they're going to "reopen" Madonna for the weekend of April 12th/13th.

So for those keeping score at home.

Morse - Closed April 6th.
Madonna - Closed April 6th. Will reopen for the 12th and 13th.
Sterling - Running to April 20th.

That's good I guess, we modified our plans to hit it up this weekend since much of the speculation was different from what I was getting for those who work there. Then again that is still different since the guys I spoke to were looking at Madonna staying open til the 20 with Sterling. After this Saturday I will no longer care since my sights will be elsewhere.

Thanks for the update!

chuckstah

Loon mtn has extended the season to 4/20. South peak will close after this Sunday

4aprice

I did, your right, the 13th. Kudos to them as that is not the usual mo @ CBK. (usually close on a Saturday). Unbelievable season in the Pocono's this year. Great base with all the cold weather and the month of February literally rocked. Had really good and fun days at Blue, Elk and of course CBK. Not bad for the backyard.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Domeskier

I did, your right, the 13th. Kudos to them as that is not the usual mo @ CBK. (usually close on a Saturday). Unbelievable season in the Pocono's this year. Great base with all the cold weather and the month of February literally rocked. Had really good and fun days at Blue, Elk and of course CBK. Not bad for the backyard.

Any speculation on whether CBK will be bumped up this weekend? Haven't been there in a couple of years, but they had a couple decent mogul runs last time around.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

When I was there a couple weeks ago, the only bumps were on a lower mountain run (I believe it was called Pocono run).
A lot of mountains tend to groom more late season as it preserves the snow better.

Domeskier

When I was there a couple weeks ago, the only bumps were on a lower mountain run (I believe it was called Pocono run).
A lot of mountains tend to groom more late season as it preserves the snow better.

Thanks. Was afraid of that. And with the week off, it gave them a lot of time to groom...

pcampbell

mad river glen closing next sunday. april 13th.

ski it while you can.

I gotta go to NJ for easter , and my hope is to still ski one way or another when i come home mid week of the 20th.